Sunset Kiss

I honestly don't know what to feel about entrusting Jamie with my spare key.

Things were calm in the early Saturday afternoon, at least on the outside. I'd brushed out my hair, put on some makeup, and gotten changed into a casual day dress with black flats. In my bag I'd put a towel and thongs; and a hair brush, just in case. On the inside, I was excited, and nervous. Technically, hanging out with Jamie was nothing out of the ordinary. But this was a date, our first ever planned date, and I had finally figured out what to do with myself regarding how I felt about Jamie. I just need to be open, and whatever happens will happen I think to myself as I sit on the couch and go to turn the TV on.

Things were calm in the early Saturday afternoon until Jamie burst through my door like an excited labrador, a blur a long blonde hair and white teeth clambering to join me on the couch.

"Ready to go?" His face is literally inches from mine.

I raise an eyebrow. "You could use some enthusiasm."

Jamie laughs, raising from the couch. He holds out his hand to me. "Ok, shall we go?"

I take his hand and stand up. "We shall."

We exit my flat, and I lock the door behind me. When I turn back to towards Jamie, I find him staring at me.

"You look...beautiful." He says, looking down slightly.

I giggle. "Thank you." I can feel myself blushing. Whyyyy.

It seems that I'm not the only one feeling very nervous about this date. What does that mean? A little voice says in my head. Nothing, it could mean anything. Great. Internal conversations. Maybe I'm just going nuts.

"Whose car?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Let's take yours."

"Okie dokie."

The festival was set up on a grassed area right next to the beach. If you looked past the flashing lights from the stalls you could see the crisp blue ocean. There were countless stalls selling food, clothing, card readings, and there were a few theme park rides too. The air smelled of salty popcorn and was filled with the sound of laughter and music. People milled around eating, laughing, talking. As Jamie and I walked along the stalls, there was a piano across from a music stall. "Feel free to play" said a sign sitting on top of it. I pointed it out to Jamie.

"Ah," he cracked his knuckles. "This is my calling." He sat down on the seat.

I knew Jamie could play the guitar, because he had shown me before, but I didn't know he could play the piano, too. Jamie set is long, elegant hands on the keys, and started to play. It was a light, fast, tinkling kind of song, that made you want to dance like a ballet dancer. My eyes moved from his hands to his face, his eyes concentrating on the piano, biting his lip slightly, hair falling in his face. He glanced up at me, grinning, and turned his attention back to the piano. He played for another minute or so, eyes closed as he immersed himself in the music. There's something beautiful about watching someone do what they love, I knew Jamie was very music-orientated, and seeing him so beautifully play the piano made my heart ache. He was gorgeous. A few people had stopped to admire his playing, too. Eventually, he stopped.

"That was beautiful," I compliment him. He grins in response, eyes twinkling.

"I want to swim," He says, taking my hand. "Do you?"

"Sounds like a good idea."

Jamie leads me through the lane of dawdling people towards the beach. We stop just before the grass turns to sandy beach and lay out our towels and dump our bags. I shimmy my dress off, having decided to wear my bikini underneath. I don't wear a rashie. I hear a gasp from behind me, and Jamie, now shirtless, is staring at my back. I bite my lip and look down, embarassed. I feel a warm hand come around my back, and a second one come under my chin, tilting my face to look into Jamie's eyes.