Mind In The Gutter

"INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE..."

I made a partially inhuman noise as I rolled over in the bed. Being awoken to your boyfriend singing way too loudly in the shower wasn't my idea of the best way to start the day. "Jamieeeee, it's too early to be singing Cypress Hill in the shower."

".....INSANE IN THE BRAIN!"

I sat up, cursing that the shower was attached to the other side of the bedroom wall, which meant I got the full volume of Jaimie's shower-time singing. "Please?"

A few seconds of water droplets hitting the tiles. "....Nah."

"Jamie."

"Why don't you just join me?" I could hear the smirk in his tone.

"Jamie!"

"I mean, solely for a duet of course. I think we would sound great."

"Yes, that's totally what you meant," I grumbled, sliding out of bed.

"It was! The acoustics are fantastic in this shower."

And I just rolled my eyes, even though I knew he couldn't see me, and didn't respond.

Jamie emerged from the shower ten minutes later, and by this point I'd made him and I some coffee and was currently eating some toast. He came in, all dripping wet hair and damp clothes, before plopping himself opposite me and sipping his coffee, sighing. "Ah, as bitter as my soul."

I nodded. "Mhmm."

"Hey! You're not supposed to agree with that!" Jamie shot me a betrayed look.

I feigned some indifference. "Well, I just did."

"Someone's got on their sasspants," he murmured, taking another sip.

My eyes scanned over the water droplets still on his skin. "Do you ever dry yourself off properly? You're still soaking wet," I commented, sipping my own coffee.

"Oh I'm always wet, baby."

It took all my self control to not to not spit the coffee in his face. "What's with you today?"

He smirked from behind his mug. "Actually, I'm always like this, I've just been holding back so you didn't think I'm weird."

I shook my head. "Well it was all in vain, I think you're weird anyway."

"Hey! Never mind me, what's with you!? You've been at me all morning!"

I shrugged. "I'm using sass as a weapon against your dirty mind."

He pouted. "But you love me."

I nodded. "Unfortunately."

After that I'd left Jamie to his own devices while I took a shift at the hospital. Jasmine had taken the day off sick, so I was sitting alone eating lunch when my phone buzzed.

- Heeeeyyyy sugartits

I squinted at my phone, chuckling, before typing out a reply.

Someone's mind is still in the gutter?

And then a response.

- Depends, I was going to propose we go out for dinner tonight in the city.. I could pick you straight up from the shift?

My heart fluttered a little. It had been a little while since Jamie and I had taken a trip to the city, but...

Sounds awesome, but I'm not sure if a nurse uniform is the best attire?