Snowball

I understand this isn't completely accurate with reality etc, just roll with it xx

.......................................

Cold.

It's the first thought that crosses my mind as I wake up. While my body is warm under the covers, my face? Freezing. I find myself rather unwilling to peel the covers back and roll ( or crawl) out of bed, but a glance at my alarm clock, 8 am, means I have to, whether I want to or not.

Ugh. London. Why do you do this to me.

I've finished changing into jeans and a sweater when I hear a noise.

Knock knock knock-knock-knock

Dear God.

"Do you wanna build a snow maaaannnnnnn?" I hear Jamie sing from behind my door. Before he can continue, I open the door, grab the scruff of his sweater collar and pull him inside. "It's too cold for singing." I mumble.

Jamie skips into my room. Unlike myself, he's fully dressed in a grey sweater and jeans, complete with boots and beanie. "Feeling the chill?" He smirks.

I bat his shoulder. "What can I say, I'm Australian, and also, it's not snowing, how are we going to build a snowman?"

Jamie chuckles. "Have you looked outside yet?."

I feel my face light up. "No way."

"Way."

I cross the room and pull the curtain back to see that the ground has been covered in a layer of white.

So this is what snow looks like.

"Does that mean there's a potential snow fight on the cards?"

Jamie grins. "Hopefully. Now, are you hungry?"

As if hearing Jamie's question, my stomach growls. Jamie laughs again.

"Put some shoes on, and a hat, and we'll go to the café down the street," he says, collapsing onto my bed I'd remade only a few minutes before, destroying my previous effort.

"I hope they do large coffees." I grumble, pulling my coat on.

"The London people don't mess around with their caffeine."

"I thought the brits were famous for their tea?"

No response from Jamie on that.

So it was that, one lot of five minutes, one Jamie re-making my bed under my supervision, and one chilly walk, Jamie and I were sat in a café not unlike Gino's back home. Jamie was filling me in on today's plans, which were plans of catching a taxi to his house, eating birthday cake, and a potential snow fight.

Oh yeah, and meeting the family.

I glance down at my very steamy, very large, coffee. "Jamie, I know it's silly, but I'm still really nervous about meeting your family."

"You're right, it is very silly. This is because the only thing to be even slightly scared of it's my mother's bear hug."

"Is my life at risk?"

"Not if you stay still and embrace it. If you begin turning blue, I'll get you out of it, okay?" Jamie winks at me, and shoots me a winning smile.

I smile back. "Okie dokie."

It seems that all the pep talk in the world can't actually help you when meeting your boyfriends family for the first time, I think as my stomach twists in on itself as we pull up to Jamie's family home, and unpack our bags from the taxi.