Chapter 17 - A little Father-Daughter chitchat

Robert stared at his daughter with a knowing smile. Too bad that Jasmine didn't want anything to do about what he was trying to say, and returned him with a grimace, with furrowed eyebrows and then rolling her eyes and snorting, when she realized that her father was not going to let it go. 

His daughter didn't go out with boys often. In fact, her daughter just didn't go out with boys. Stuart was the only exception, but Robert knew he was just a good friend, and that he was already in a relationship and faithful anyway.

"So, how did the date go?"

"Dad, please don't even start with that. It wasn't a date. "

"Mmh ... I think it was for him."

"Well, not for me."

"He looks cute." He continued, sipping his coffee.

"He's...a guy." She responded with short, direct sentences, hoping to end the conversation. She felt his cheeks on fire. But her father did not give up.

"And he seems nice too."

"Yes, it would seem so. For now."

"For now? So there will be another time? " His smile kept widening.

"Come on, dad! I don't know, maybe yes, maybe not. "

"Mh, a maybe is better than a firm no. After all, you're alone here, it would be nice if you found some friends. "

"I'm not going anywhere." Nor did she really want to be anywhere else. "I have all the time in the world to make new friends."

"Never postpone to tomorrow what you can do today."

"Uff ... If Mike hadn't paid everything already, I'd leave you here to pay for all!" Jasmine poked her tongue out. Her father asked all those questions just to be annoying, he knew it embarrassed her.

"Ah! So it was a date after all! " He exclaimed, perhaps a little too loud, as the two waitresses exchanged a glance and an amused smile. Jasmine was sure she was the same color as the bow she used for Jason's ax.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" She exclaimed, even louder than him. Finn sat up to look at her, confused.

"Ok, ok, honey, don't get mad." He raised his hands, surrendering, chuckling now that he had succeeded.

"Uff." She snorted again. "You're always the same."

"True. This is why you and mom love me. "

Jasmine let out a smile. "Yes, it's true."

Robert finished his coffee. "So, should I take you home?"

"Nah, I have the bike, I'm going back with that." 

"Jasmine." Oh-oh, her dad hardly ever called her by her full name, only when he was very serious.

"Yes?"

"I know you're his fan." He continued. "But the situation here is more dangerous than I thought, and I'm pretty sure you knew that already." Now he had lowered his voice so that only his daughter could hear him.

Jasmine suddenly blanched. She had been caught. And now she didn't know what to say, just looking at her father with a guilty look. Oh, If he only knew what she knew!

"Your mother and I trust you, and you know that." The girl nodded. "Now, we don't know if whoever did this massacre tonight was Jason, Freddy Krueger, or just a random psycho. But we know that whoever it is is very dangerous, and I don't want you to walk around in the woods alone. What if you meet this crazy person? "

Jasmine thought about it for a few seconds, under her father's worried gaze. Yeah, what if she met him? Not having an answer, she tried to play it down, but her tone wasn't all that amused. 

"Well, if it's Jason, I'll hug him and say "Happy Birthday!" " She tried to chuckle, but only a nervous sound came out.

"Jasmine. I'm not kidding."

"I know, I know." She sighed, actually as worried as he was. "But I know one thing for sure."

"And what would it be?"

"About the man they found in the shop... I saw Mike scolding him the other day." And so she told her father about the scene she had witnessed, and confessed that she went to the cemetery out of curiosity after that - omitting the part about the roses and the cleaning of the tombstones - and that she saw the same man with a group of people, who were probably the other victims of the massacre. Robert didn't seem reassured by this, but Jasmine continued, before he could say anything. "So, whether it's Jason or it's a copycat, I think he follows the rules of the movies."

"This isn't a movie, Jasmine, it's real life!" He, unlike his wife, had seen the movies with his daughter, so he knew what Jasmine was referring to.

"I know, but I believe that if we don't create any problems for him, he won't create problems for us. And passing by a road in the woods to get to your home does not bother anyone. "

"Jasmine, I don't want to argue about this here. What does it cost you to let me bring you home? The bike fits in the car, you know it's not a valid excuse. "

Jasmine sighed again, seeing that her father was determined not to let her go alone.

"Okay, I'll go with you." This time it was Robert's turn to sigh in relief. 

"Ok then, say bye to mom and let's go." 

And so the father, daughter and dog greeted Anna and her new colleagues, retrieved the bike and went to get the car from the hospital parking lot, immediately heading home. 

The journey wasn't very long, and rather quiet if it weren't for the music they played on the radio and a couple of serious comments about Mike and the impression he really made on Jasmine.

Robert left his daughter in front of the house, helping her get out her bike, and hugging her before getting back to work.

"I love you, baby."

"Love you too, dad."

Jasmine and Finn watched the car disappear into the trees, then they entered the house. She had some surveillance cameras to check.

A/N

I'm back!

New record achieved, this time I made ten months go by before updating. You are very proud of me, aren't you?

updated two times the Italian version of this story during the summer, but I was still quite busy with everything else outside of the fanfiction world. 

I finally chose who could be Robert: Patrick Dempsey. You will probably know him for Grey's Anatomy. But I've never seen it, and I know him thanks to Enchanted and Transformers 3. Honestly, he's perfect for representing Robert, having blue eyes and black hair like Jasmine. (And he's a doctor in the show too. Perfection.)

Other news: I've created a YouTube playlist with songs that Jasmine likes, that reminds me of her, her backstory, and of course Jason. I put both the original videos and the ones with the lyrics, so let me know what do you think of the various songs and suggest others that might be added!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK5ee-z1TcEg8jUo0AhfTBRiABIKv_0Mi

(You can find the link in the comment here → )

And as always, thank you very much for getting this far, leave me a comment to let me know what you think, that always makes me happy!

Until next time! (Which should be October 31, so stay tuned!)