Chapter 5 - Night thoughts

Anna could not fall asleep easily. Her daughter's strange behavior had worried her immensely. She did not expect to find Jasmine in such conditions all of a sudden. She wondered for the umpteenth time if they did well - her and Robert - to give in to their daughter's insistence. Anna didn't think her daughter was ill, instead she seemed rather agitated, perhaps frightened. She knew of Jasmine's bizarre and disquieting passion for the antagonist from a series of films. She had only recently discovered the real existence of that "Jason". Had she seen...? No, that was absolutely ridiculous. If she had seen him and said nothing, she would have put the whole family in danger. And her Jasmine would never do such a thing. Right?

Speaking of Jasmine, she could not sleep at all that night. She could not, and perhaps did not want, to take Jason's image out of her mind. She couldn't say for certain that she was terrified. She was rather agitated, like when she was still in school and had to face a particularly difficult test. Perhaps that was precisely what she was worried about: she was not as scared as she should have been.

The hours ticked past and so she passed from the bed to the desk, and then to the window, gazing the full moon above the treetops. However Jason did not show up. Was he watching her hidden somewhere? Did he hear the conversation she had with Alex? And if so had he understood something about what she wanted to do?

Jasmine did not want to make him angry or disturb him in any way, but she also didn't want to try and corrupt him by some means. Just, in a sense, she had started to learn about him, even indirectly, and she realized that they were more alike than you might think at first glance. She certainly didn't go around killing people, but she didn't even like those people so much.

Among the things that made her nervous there was one in particular: she was afraid of being disappointed at the end.

A lot of the questions whirled around her head. She wondered if Jason was like she had imagined him or whether he was completely evil. Even worse would be if he was just a fool trying to emulate the real Jason.

Jasmine knew, she hoped, he was as she thought she thought: a lonely, sad and angry child. Taller than two meters, immortal, extremely dangerous and all the rest, but still a child. He had suffered so much and she did not feel right to blame him for everything he did. Even if she did not fully justify him, she felt that she could accept the thing without too much trouble, as long as the ones she loved remained unharmed. Her mother once told her that she had the nurse's heart: she was always ready to help those who needed her, even the most desperate cases. "Only if they deserve it." she had added.

And she really believed that Jason needed some help and understanding. And that he deserved it.

A/N

Hello again!

As you can see this chapter is definitely much shorter than the previous ones (too much). I think it is better so though and I will try to follow this method even for the next.

For the image: I found it casually wandering over the internet and I immediately thought "OMG but this is Anna Hatefield!" And so it's here.

As you can see, Jasmine has taken her blue eyes from her :3

See you soon!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to JASON!!!