Chapter 8 - The paper plane

Jasmine had been sitting on the rocking chair for at least half an hour, doing nothing more than to look out of the windows if there was someone, not knowing what to think. Finn had remained quiet, he had for a while left the front door and had started to wander around the house.

Jasmine had to take a decision. Do or do not what she had planned? She finally decided that yes, she wanted to do it. But to put into practice her small plan she had to go out again and at the moment it did not sound like a good idea. She could have done it the day after, it would not have been a problem.

But she could not stay there to do nothing, somehow she had to get distracted. The books would help her. So she prepared an orange juice and another chocolate donut, then went to her room to read the book taken in the library. She had just finished it when she heard her parents' car park in front of the house. She had always been very quick to read, especially if she did it for not think of anything else. When she began to read everything around her disappeared, almost nothing could distract her. She went to welcome her parents cheerfully, without showing any sign of concern. She opened the door and greeted them, however being interrupted by her mother, who hugged her with impetus.

"Jasmine! Are you okay, dear? " She asked.

"Of course I'm fine, why shouldn't I? What happened?"

"It seems that two girls have been attacked and then disappeared not far from here, the police is looking for them." Her father told her.

"Did you leave today? Have you seen or heard anything?" Her mother asked, looking straight at her.

"Yes I went out this morning, but I came back in time for lunch and it did not happen anything strange here." She replied, pretending to be totally unaware of everything.

So the police had already discovered everything. But if they believed that the girls were just missing then Jason had taken the body at least of the one who was able to leave the water. For the blonde there was not much to do if she had remained at the bottom of the lake.

The day ended with the parents waiting for news on the radio and the daughter who pretended to know nothing. Everyone went to sleep pretty early, the next morning everyone would have to leave, for work of for "go and explore the area again a bit".

Jasmine listened to some music before falling asleep, but before going to bed she went as usual to look out of her window.

Jason was back there watching her. He did not have the machete in his hand as the last time though. Again Jasmine did not know what to do, considering what had happened. Then she mentally gave the stupid to herself and greeted Jason with the hand, more convinced this time. When she saw him tilt his head slightly, she could not help but smile. She picked up a sheet of paper, quickly wrote something over it with a black marker and made a paper plane out of it. She looked out again and threw it out of the window, making it get to his feet. She smiled at him and greeted him again with her hand, finally getting to bed, ready to sleep. She could not stop smiling and after a while fell asleep.

But maybe it would have been better for her to spend that night, rather than the previous, sleepless.

A/N [Edit]

Hello everyone!

Here I came back with a new small chapter. I have in mind some of the next, I just have to write them. Unfortunately I will not have much time available so I do not know when the next one will come :(

As you can see now the story has a cover! And I want to thank  CamsterHale for it. Thanks very very much :3

And thanks again for the votes, together with @Kearamoo and Lux_in_Tenebra that also commented.

I hope to see you soon!