Chapter 7 - Spared again

Jason arrived at the door immediately after the girl had locked it. He was "knocking" rather violently, but he didn't expect Jasmine to let him in of course - it would have been foolish to say the least - this time she was really frightened. Was it time to kill her finally?

During the night he had fallen asleep, then he awakened in the late morning, because of her mother's voice in his head. "Kill them, Jason! Kill them all!" She told him. At first he didn't understand who she was referring to, so he left home immediately to go around the lake. He did not take much time to notice the two girls, since they had put the music at a very high volume. He had waited for them to get in the water to attack, he was sure they would have gone to swim. Jason didn't really understand why they should always be naked. Bathing suits existed for a reason, so why not use them? Not that if they used them he would not have killed them. Until he had grabbed the blonde girl, his mother had not stopped urging him to kill them. After having eliminate the brunette too, she had stopped talking to him, but he only noticed it at that moment. "Good boy. Mommy is very proud of you." Then nothing more. Perhaps her mother didn't want him to kill Jasmine? To tell the truth, he was not even interested in killing her at the moment. She had spied on him, yes, but nothing more, probably she was just curious. No screams, no insults, just the barking of her dog was beginning to bother him seriously. It was actually pretty fun to scare her, often he liked to scare the stupid ones who came to his territory, but he decided to spare her again. He just wondered if, now that she saw him kill two girls of her age, she would talk about him with someone, or if perhaps she had already called the police. He moved away from the door, finding a point next to a window from which look at her without being noticed.

Jasmine stood in front of the door, immobilized by the heavy hits that banged on it. At every hit she thought she could have felt the whole house tremble. Finn was next to her, barking and growling against the dangerous stranger, ready to defend her owner. Then the hits stopped.

Was he gone? Had he left her again or was he trying to enter from the other door? Jasmine hoped he would not throw a dead body through the window - as she saw him doing in the movies. She didn't know how many minutes had passed with she doing nothing. Only when Finn stopped barking she was able to move again. What should she have done? For a moment she thought of calling her mother, even just to know when she would come back, and rushed into her father's studio. She took the phone's receiver but then changed her mind. Jason was still watching her, she was sure of that. She wanted to make him understand that he could trust her. She put the receiver down. She would not have called her mother, or her father, and certainly not the police. She had not seen anything back at the lake. She sat down on the rocking chair in the living room, taking deep breaths. If she really wanted things to work, she had to trust him a bit too. She had always imagined such a thing - when she was daydreaming - and she believed that doing so was easy. Instead it seemed that fear had prevailed at the end.

Jasmine felt like a hypocrite. She had always said that she wasn't afraid of Jason, but that she liked him, that she understood him. Yet she had ran away when he was approaching her. After all, he had spared her again.

Jason saw her pick up the phone and then lay it down, without even composing a number. Why stubbornly she refused to talk about him? Did she really fear they wouldn't believe her?

He saw her sit down, her eyes lost in the void. He really wanted to know what she was thinking. Since she didn't seem to want to move from there, the Crystal Lake killer decided to go back to the beach. He had to take off from there the brunette's body.

As he came back on his steps, a shiny object on the ground caught his attention. He leaned to take it and noticed it was a necklace, with a silver hockey mask as a pendant. Why was there such a thing? Then he realized that maybe was the girl who lost it while she was fleeing from him. He wondered why she had it? Then he thought it was not really an important thing, he did not care. But he put it in his pocket anyways.

Once he arrived at the place the music was still there. It came from a cell phone resting on a towel. It was enough for him to walk on it to destroying the object and stop that unbearable noise. Those two had really bad musical taste.. He rummaged through their stuff, but found nothing interesting aside from a snack bag. They had left garbage everywhere, but he did not care too much. The police always cleaned up everything and it certainly would not have take too long for them to found out what happened. He placed the bloody corpse on his shoulder and took the food bag, then headed for his home. Those two girls meant one thing.

The hunting season was open.

A/N

Hey there! How are you?

Again this time I was able to contain me and the chapter did not come too long.

Even this time Jasmine has been spared, we will see if he will continue to get away.

Thanks to  CamsterHale,  @Kearamoo  and @zalenti for the votes and the comments.

See you the next time!