Chapter 3 - New information

Jasmine was rummaging for a while in the basement, looking for something interesting. Until that moment only an old rocking chair, in very good conditions, had been the most worthy of her attention. She had found mostly dusty stuff, ornaments, various pots, even spare parts of some cars. Finally, however, between a box of old clothes and a toolbox, she found a pretty heavy wooden trunk. The metal parts were a bit rusty and the blue paint that covered it was scratched or discolored in various points. She managed to open it without problems, it was not locked luckily for her. Inside, she found several books with crumpled covers. And being a kind of bookworm she was convinced she had found the treasure chest.

There were thriller books of some collection, some kitchen books and some on hunting, fishing, and on local plants. Her father would probably be interested in those, he liked to go fishing occasionally and take excursions. Often they went together when she was younger and she could not stop smiling at the thought. There were also fiction books of various genres, including an old edition of "Shining" and "Alice in Wonderland", which she immediately put aside, determined to add them to the most "vintage pieces" of her collection. There were also old Spiderman comics and even if he was not her favorite superhero, she was satisfied by what she got. At the bottom she also found old movie magazines and a large number of newspapers. She had really found the treasure chest. She carefully pulled out the delicate sheets of paper that had been yellowed by time. Newspapers were mostly local and not full. Only black pages were kept. They concerned all the murders in the area and each article cited at least once Jason.

She picked up a box and emptied it of its contents - were those ice-skate? She wondered if the lake was glaze in winter... - filling it instead with newspapers, magazines, comics and the books that seemed more interesting to her. Then she climbed up the stairs, returning to her room. She made space on the desk and placed above the box, and then picked up a red briefcases from one of the drawers of the dresser. She sat down and pulled out from some of the plastic cover pages other newspaper sheets.

That binder was a bit her little personal archive. She had collected all the articles on Jason and Crystal Lake that she was able to find on the internet and in the newspapers, but putting her hands on the Crystal Lake journals was not easy before. And now she had quite a bit of material on her hands. She felt like one of those film detectives who did a long search to succeed in resolving the mystery. But she did not have any mystery to solve, she was absolutely certain that in the forest around her home, somewhere, a masked big man was wandering.

She took all the items collected over time, arranged in chronological order, and quickly reread them to remember, even if practically she knew them by heart. There was the first massacre carried out by Jason's mother, the one of the class in cruise in New York, which was practically exterminated, and most of those who aroused more attention, of course everyone in the Crystal Lake area. Then she read the articles she had found in the cellar, concentrating. The massacres were far more than those reported in the newspapers that were not of the zone. Her fingers became black because of the dust and ink and the smell of old paper filled her nostrils. She liked that smell. She annotated on a sheet all the dates of all events. A percentage had not occurred in the summer nor even on Friday 13th. As she reflected on this, she got an idea, so took her phone and searched for the Crystal Lake library on google maps, then calculated the route and saved the screen. She would go there to find out more information that same afternoon. She had searched with her PC comfortably from her home several times already, but she had now finished all the information available there.

Meanwhile lunch time came and she went to the kitchen to eat with the family.

"Did you find something interesting in the cellar?" Her mother asked.

Jasmine didn't mentioned the newspapers. "I found a trunk of old books and some magazines. There is a beautiful rocking chair, we could put it in one of the empty rooms or in the living room near the fireplace. "