Chapter 10 - Concerns and doubts

It was almost dawn and Jasmine did not see the reason to go back to bed, she would not be able to sleep again. He put on the clothes of the day before, then left a note to her parents on the kitchen table, telling them she was out to go for a walk with Finn and she would come back soon. Once outside, she took a few minutes to appreciate the fresh morning air. The first rays of the sun were already illuminating the surroundings and the birds began to chirp on the branches.

She put her hands in her pockets and was at that moment that she was overcome with fear. What had happened to her necklace? She had put it in her pocket, she was sure! She went back home and searched it everywhere, with no results. She realized she had probably lost it the day before, as she fled. She went out again and with Finn hastened to retrace the road leading to the beach, but found nothing. What if the police had found it? It was, however, an object that indicated her passage in that area if they could trace back to her. She searched several times on the ground and beneath the bushes but was all in vain. "Shit! I had to lose just that?! And just yesterday?"

On the brink of a panic crisis, she came to the beach. Nothing indicated that there was something happened in the previous hours. There was no more the waste, the tents and the blood stains on the sand. They had cleaned everything perfectly in no time. Jasmine thought that with everything that happened there every summer, they had to be used to it.

Convinced that she never would found her necklace she returned home. Before entering she took a deep breath, wearing her best "everything is fine" mask. Her parents were awake and in the kitchen, having breakfast. She sat down with them to eat the pancakes Anna had prepared and talked about the people they knew until then.

When both of her parents went to work, Jasmine returned to worry about her necklace. She had promised her mother that she would not have caused problems and promised it even to herself. But what could she do now?

Not finding a solution, she decided to follow her little plan to show Jason her good faith. She wanted to be a good neighbor to him after all.

Together with Finn, like the day before, she went to town with her bike. She still needed something.

Jason was at his home, in his mother's room. At first it was a bedroom, now it was a kind of sanctuary dedicated to her. He had put the bed and most furniture in the guest room, almost never used for that purpose, from what he remembered. He had filled the room with candles, which he took care to keep always on, and in the middle a round table was placed, covered with a pale blue tablecloth now practically gray due to the accumulation of dirt through the years. On the table, her mother's head and sweater and a medallion with her picture inside, at the foot of it the unrecognizable remains of some of his first victims and the latest one of the girl he had killed on the beach.

He stood there, kneeling in front of that kind of improvised altar, with the machete still dirty of blood on the floor beside him. He felt strangely confused, he did not know what to think of that girl just moved. Jasmine had until then proven to be different from the other people he had met and killed, but only because she had done nothing that could disturb him. He knew he had frightened her, he had done it on purpose because he wanted to see how she would react. He expected that she ran away, but not that she did only that. And then she did not ask anyone for help, had not said anything about him even to her parents from what he knew, and the evening she had sent him a note, had greeted him and, the thing that had confused him most of all, she had smiled to him.

He almost did not remember the last time someone had smiled at him. Almost, because he could never have forgotten the sweet smile his mother had addressed to him. He watched it every time he ended up getting rid of the intruders, and along with that he could still hear her voice.

What were the girl's true intentions? He had tried not to think about it, to convince himself that it was not important, but that question kept coming back.

He was there in front of her mother at that moment, to ask for advice. What was he supposed to do? What did she want him to do?

Not receiving any answer and having been there for a long time, he got up and went to his room, sitting on his bed, now too small for him. He picked up the necklace with the mask and the ticket from his pocket, staring at them as if they were able to give him the answer he was looking for. Of course, nothing came from them either.

He went to the guest room, now transformed into a kind of lumber-room and opened a wooden jewelry box, full of necklaces, bracelets and rings of his victims. He kept everything that was on his prey. Not the clothes obviously, unless they were fit for him. In all those years he had collected a lot of stuff, creating a sort of collection. He put amongst the others the jewels that wore the girls at the lake, the only things they really wore. He was about to put there also the necklace with his mask, but then he thought it deserved a special place, so he closed the box and placed the little mask over the cover of the box with the note.

Then he went to retrieve the machete and the girl's body and through a trap door in the floor of the corridor came into the mine tunnels that branched off in almost all the forest land of Crystal Lake. The galleries were also full of objects, weapons and traps, but at the moment he was interested in the furnace. He got rid of the corpses like that. He put aside everything that does not burn or it could be useful to him and then put them on a table next to the furnace. He lit it up and waited for the heat to rise and began to tear the young woman with a cleaver. The terrible sound of sharpened metal first on the meat, then on the bones and finally on the wood echoed for the underground tunnels. Although most of the time Jason arrived to the table with just one hit.

After doing what he had to he go outside for his usual check around.

It was then that for a moment flashed through his mind the image of his mother's gravestone, so he knew what he was supposed to do.

He had to go to the cemetery.

A/N

Hello everyone!

How are you?

Finally I'm back home from holydays.

We arrived at the 10th chapter of history! You have to celebrate! *Opens the bottle of champagne*

As I told you before, the Jason of this story is a mixture of those seen in various movies (excluding Jason X, obviously XD), as well as the whole territory of Crystal Lake. I wanted to keep the room where Jason holds his mother's head, but instead of making him live in a cabin, I chose to make him stay in the cottage near the campsite where he and his mother lived before it all ran. A little as see in the remake, but it did not seem right to put his mother's head in a hole in the bathroom wall. Of the remake, however, I enjoyed the idea of the underground mine and I wanted to put it in the story.

And if anyone is wondering what this Jason looks like under the mask and the clothes, I chose the one of the seventh movie, but with the face a bit more humane than the decomposing zombie we see in the movie.

So, what do you think of this chapter? Do not be shy, let me know!

Thanks for all the votes and the comments!

See you soon!