Chapter 2 - Dinning together and unexpected visits

As they all came downstairs, with Finn exploring the new home, they heard a car stopping in front of the house. Going to check, they were happy to see a red and white van, from which Jack and Dan came out with a man who looked very happy, dressed in a military green workwear and a mouse gray cap on his head. Jasmine would not have given him less than sixty years. They all went to met the newcomer.

"Hi people!" He saluted, stretching out his hand toward Robert "Steve Mills, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Robert Hatefield, my wife Anna and my daughter Jasmine" The two shook hands, and in turn all of them did it, including Ian.

"Thank you for coming so fast" Ian said.

"No problem, and then I was curious to know the new fellow citizens. Finally you and your agency have been able to sell this house." Ian chuckled nervously at those words.

Dan and Jack started to pull out the boxes from the van, helped by Steve and Robert. Jasmine and Anna took out of the car's trunk some shopping bags, full of supplies, and began to set them up in the kitchen. Anna had brought a lot of long-term stuff to avoid having to go shopping once they arrived. Jasmine set the two bowls for Finn next to the backdoor. She filled one with dog's food and the other with water and the dog immediately hurled on them. Then they went to put everything in the pantry. And while there were boxes of plates, pots, and kitchen linen at the entrance, the four men carried on the top floor a sand coloured sofabed to be placed in one of the guest rooms.

At about 20 o'clock the truck was completely emptied, Dan and Jack were paid and they left off. Steve greeted everyone, and he was really happy to have met new people that seemed good. He was paid too, went up to his van and before leaving the behind he could not restrain himself from recommending them a "Be careful!" Which worried a little Mrs. Hatefield and Ian Blake. Mr. Hatefield tried to seem calm and raised his hand in greeting. Jasmine, on the other hand, felt a shiver crossing her back, she could not say whether of excitement or of fear.

One thing was sure: if Jason was really in the area, she wouldn't have done anything to disturb him.

The movies had taught her so. That was his territory, and he would not have allowed anyone to invade it to make stupid parties among teenagers who only thought about sex, alcohol, and smoke. Anyone who had approached too much that place would have been punished.

If that was the problem, Jason would not have any trouble from her. Jasmine was a very quiet girl, she had no interest in those things, because she preferred to have fun doing something else.

In this regard, she recovered the boxes with her name written above and began to take them one by one to her new room. The bricklayers had left everything clean, so there was no need to dust or anything else. The mattress was covered with a plastic sheet, not even the time to lift it off and Finn had already jumped over it.

"Finn! Get down from there before mom sees you!" Her good hairy friend immediately obeyed. From one box she pulled out a green dog's bed and put it near the bedside table.
"Be good, go there." Obedient, the docile puppy went to his place, getting some caress and his bone of boar skin. "Do you like here? Do you think we will be fine?" He replied tilting his head slightly and watching her.
Jasmine decided to start from the bed and put on the blue sheets, a blue striped in white quilt and two square pillows, one white with a black silhouette of a deer jumping and one gray with a white tree. She placed all the other sheets and blankets in the wardrobe, and then arranged all the clothes.
"Coats and jackets here, sweaters here and there the dresses. I put here all the winter stuff and there the summer stuff..." Shortly, wardrobe and dresser were pretty full and everything about clothing had found a place.