Them

*TIME SKIP -2 MONTHS LATER*

"They must not be able to live after this vile act , this could cause the world to fall out of balance." The wrinkle old lady says spitting the words out with venom.

"Now that they have convinced a child it is even more urgent that we get be-rid of them , that child could potentially wipe us all out , without the proper training" the man got up and started to pace around the room getting working up with every step.

"I say that we eliminate all potential threats , it makes it easier that way we don't have to worry about the trouble" the man spoke with the bored look on his face , he was slouched in his chair without a care in the world .

"When we decided to do this little experiment, it was never supposed to go this far Gabriel, we should have stopped it at the first generation" the quiet woman finally says .

"Enough!!, the man known as Gabriel slammed his hands down on the marble table . " I will make the decision on whether to kill them or not all I asked for were opinions" Gabriel says with malice in his every word.

"Good , you shall be dismissed" he waved his hands all the people go there separate ways .

Flash back over

I suddenly drop down from the air back onto my messsy bed as well as everything that was levitating with me . I sigh and raise up looking around at the mess. These flashbacks have been coming every night since I've gotten to forks , I haven't gotten a lick of sleep .

The dark bags under my eyes have gotten worse and I don't know what to do about it . I slowly walk to the bathroom seeing as it was around 1:05 a.m. and I couldn't sleep.

I do my business ,wash my hands and go back to my room to find a solution to my problem. I think for a while and then remember something that could help . I grab my phone a dial a number after a couple of rings I hear a grumpy voice pick up .

"Who the fuck is -"

"Paul it's me , maya" I say before he could get any more words out . I hear him choke and fumble with the phone . " I'm sorry maya I d-didn't know it was you , what can I do for you ?" He asks still flustered.

I hesitated slightly before I asked the question "would you mind if I come over ? I've been having trouble sleeping and it's getting worser by the day" I say over the phone .

"Of course, but don't drive in this state" he says worried .

"Don't worry Pauline I won't" I chuckled before hanging up . I get up and get dressed in some comfy clothes before mumbling a few words in old Latin , whilst a portal opens in front of me .

I step through the portal to find myself in front of a small cozy house .

I walk up to the porch and knock on the door

I walk up to the porch and knock on the door . It was winter outside so it was cold. A shirtless Paul comes to the door and motions me in .

I step in while he closes the door . "Sorry for interrupting your slumber" I say looking at him . I train my eyes on his face wanting to be respectful and not ogle him.

"It's fine , you cold ?" He ask motioning me to follow him to his bedroom . "Yea , a little , I didn't get the body heat of a shapeshifter unfortunately" I chuckle following behind him eventually making it to his room.  He turns on the fire place before handing me a big comfy blanket. "You can lay on the right , I'll take the left side" he mumbles sleepily before laying down with me following .

I try my best to get comfortable but I couldn't, I turn over coming in face with Paul's back . I suddenly get the strong urge a touch him , so I scooted over and wrapped my arm around his waist and I immediately relaxed.

Soon after my leg followed suit , making sleep come even faster . "Comfortable?" Paul chuckles at his clingy mate . "Mhmm" I mumbled before sleep takes over .
PAUL POV
I roll over , now facing maya . I watch as she slowly inhales and exhales making her lips pout when she does. I watch how her chest rises and falls with each breath she takes. She pulls me closer snuggling into my bare chest letting out a small warning growl for me not to move .

I chuckle at that , she's so beautiful and caring from what I've seen these past couple of days . I know that she loves her some Seth, I would say that I'm jealous because they are always together. I've even seen them cuddled up sleep lots of times, but I know she is very protective of Seth and hates when someone even looks at him wrong.

I wrap my arms around her pulling her closer as I let sleep take me

_TIME SKIP_

My eyes slowly flutter open until I can see more clearly. I look around to get a hold on my surroundings, I look down a see a sleeping Paul wrapped around my lower body. I smile and run my hand through his short black hair . I watch as he shifts and let's put a small pout . I admire him for a little longer until he stirs and wakes up . "Good morning sleepy head" I say

"Morning maya , how did you sleep?"he questions getting up to go use the bathroom . "I slept great , thank you for letting my stay and helping with my problem" I say getting up and stretching. "No problem, if it happens again just let me know I'll always be here" Paul says washing his hands before dying them on a towel.

He walks out , opening his arms to give a a warm hug before I get ready to leave ."I'll call you later on to make sure your okay" he mumbles into my neck . I nod letting him know I understand before portaling back home .

Don't forget to vote babies 💕