LETTER

I slowly pick up the letter ,with trembling hands fearful of who left it and what information it holds. I look around to make sure no one lingered around my residence"What is it?" Emmet says coming up behind me with his hand out. "It's a letter..... from the volturi '' I say. We made our way back upstairs and into my room where everyone stayed tense in there're spot.

"Carlisle,when the voltori wanted to make sure Bella was turned did they cause trouble?" I walk into the room. Emmet , Paul and Jake trailing behind me .

"No , but when they thought that renesmee was an immortal child , they tried very heavily to Eliminate our whole coven" he frowned, reliving those tough and troubling times. The coven as a whole had been through so much , it's amazing to see them all still together and Alive .

" The volturi left a letter outside on the welcome mat" I looked down at the letter before looking back up at my mates . "The volturi?" Rose questions her face slowly scrunching up and her eyebrows furrowing.

"Why did they leave a letter ? They don't even know if you're a vampire" Alice says worry embedded into her tone . " something isn't right maya" jazz frowns. I slowly pull the letter open to read from its contents .

Dear cullens ...
It has come to my attention that you have found a shared mate . On behalf of the volturi we would like to evaluate him/her to make sure they are of vampire heritage. We do not wish to uphold any information from you all therefore we will come by for a small conversation a week from now . We would love to welcome them into the family with this necklace.

Thank you

I read the letter out loud so everyone could hear . Once finished I burn it watching the delicate paper wither and crumble in my hand . "They've never done anything like this before" Edward finally speaks up staring into nothing. His thoughts are everywhere right now and oh so loud . "Edwin I can hear your thoughts again , calm down baby" I say softly, sending calm waves over to him .

I can see him visibly relaxed. "thank you maya" he says softly smiling at me . It was quiet once again as everyone let the news sink in. It leaves a bitter taste in everyone's mouth . "So we're just gonna sit here and let them come take her aways from us ?" Paul speaks up with a little too much bass in his voice.

I look back to see steam coming off of his body . "Come here mí amore calm down before you phase and hurt somebody" I pull him into me while he wraps his arms tightly around my waist and his face nuzzles into my neck .

"Damn mutt" rose mumbled rolling her eyes. Paul lets out a small growl before pulling me to sit in his sat lap , his head still in my neck . Jake comes over to lay his head in my lap . They are some overgrown dogs ........... literally.

Edward chuckles, throwing his head back before looking over at us "stay out of my head Edwin" I smile before going back to rub Jacob's head .

"You know everything's going to be fine........ right guys , I would never let anything happen to my family ."

"I just found you guys and I'll be damned if I lose you" I say looking around at everyone . "We understand maya , but you need to understand that whatever it boils down too we're not letting anything happen to you , if you go we all go" Carlisle says with not a drop of a lie in his tone.

I know that Gabriel is behind this , he will do everything in his power to draw me out . He is wicked and will stop at nothing to get what he wants . It's a sad thing , such a beautiful creature he once was . Angel's are not meant to be evil and spiteful. They are wonderful, beautiful creatures and they care for all other beings.

As I think about him, I realize that he is definitely going to have back up . "You think they're just as powerful as him?" Edward asks, looking over at me .