Chapter 7

You quickly dodged to the side when the abyss mage casted a row of icicles your way. You used your staff to block and parry the hilichurls' attacks while moving around them.

You used the butt end of your staff and pierced one of the hilichurls straight through the head and stabbed the other on the stomach. You jumped a few feet away when the ground beneath you began to emit icicles.

As you landed, your eyes caught sight of a hilichurl aiming its crossbow at you. Your eyes widened as you felt pain coming from your right shoulder.

Your grin strained as your eyes turned to radio dials. You teleported behind the hilichurl, sharpening your claws as you pierced your hand straight through its chest.

You watched as the hilichurl squirmed around until it turned to ashes. Your gaze turned towards the abyss mage.

'The most effective way to defeat these creatures and their barriers is by countering the elements they used.. based on the information Aether told me.' you thought as you stood in front of the abyss mage and watched as it dances inside its barrier, taunting you.

You smirked at the abyss mage and snapped your fingers.

Green flames began to erupt and surround the creature. "Unfortunately for you, you use ice and I can easily melt that with fire." you exclaimed. You laughed in glee as you watched the creature's barrier get destroyed and the flames start to burn it to death.

"It's fun to kill these measly creatures and torture them but once they die, they turn to ashes.. what a shame, I was eager for a bloodbath." you muttered as your eyes turned back to normal while looking at the charred ground to where the abyss mage used to stand.

You heard footsteps approaching as you turned to see another abyss mage coming from the corner. You were about to finish it off when a large sword covered in bright red flames appeared and finished off the abyss mage.

"That should be the last of them." you heard a voice stated as you turned to see a male with bright red hair and eyes.

"Hm?"

The male felt another presence near him as he prepared his large blade and took a stance. His eyes widened in surprise to see you holding your staff while staring back at him with a large smile on your face.

"Good evening!" you greeted.

The male observed the area where you currently are to see an abyss mage and some hilichurls fading away to dust. His gaze returned to you and he noticed an arrow sticking out of your shoulder.

"What are you doing out here? You do know it's dangerous to walk around at night." the male said.

You looked around the 'small' damage you caused after the small battle you had. Maybe a not so small damage since there are icicles scattered around and some buildings has a scorch marks from the flamed you caused.

"I was simply killing off an abyss mage and some hilichurls hiding in this alleyway." you explained as you noticed your blood seeping through your clothes.

"How..? You don't even have a vision. What are you? Who are you?" the male asked as he pointed his blade at you, eyes full of wariness.

You let out a light chuckle. Feeling a sense of deja vu at the current situation. "My name is (Y/N), dear. As for what I am, I am a demon. How I killed the creatures is none of your business." you answered as you pushed the male's weapon to the side.

You grinned when the male slammed you against the wall and pressed his blade near your throat. The arrow on your shoulder digging deeper as you ignored the pain and focused on the red haired male in front of you.

"I should kill you right here while I still have the chance. Demons, the abyss order, and the fatui shouldn't even go near Mondstadt if all they bring is danger and harm to the citizens." the male exclaimed and pressed his weapon closer to your throat, giving your neck a small cut to prove he wasn't kidding.

"So this city has another defender..? I was wondering why the Knights of Favonius would just let abyss mages and hilichurls roam around here." you said. "I don't have any business with those knights." the male replied as his face turned to a look of shock when you teleported behind him.

You placed a hand on your neck and slightly winced when you felt the small cut. "I should be the one killing you instead, good sir. I was simply about to leave but you had the audacity to leave a scratch on me." you stated.

"But since you're this city's representative, how about we make a deal instead? I give you what you desire most. Fame, fortune, things like that. While in return, you will not stop me from killing anyone. Sound fair?" you suggested as the male glared at you.

"No. I will not make a deal with a demon." the male stated as you raised a brow at him.

"Oh? I suppose I'll just destroy this city right now. First the citizens, then the Knights of Favonius, and lastly, you. I was actually still in a good mood to make a deal with you. As you can see from the property damages that happened here, I'm positive you know the kind of damage I can do to this city can be much worse than this. But, if you insist. I'll be taking my leave now!" you happily exclaimed as you began to walk away.

"Wait." you heard the male call out as you grinned to yourself.

"I'll make a deal.. but I want some changes to it."

You tilted your head to the side as you urged him to continue.

"I'll try not to stop you when you kill but only I get to say who you can kill and who you can't." the male stated as you held your chin in thought.

"Alright, I would also like to visit you whenever I desire. That fair for you?" you added as the male looked at you for a brief moment before nodding.

You let out a giggle and spun your staff. "So it's a deal then...?" you asked, gesturing for the male to introduce himself. Green flames erupted from your hand as you held it out towards the male. You watched as the male contemplate about the new deal, his eyebrows furrowed while a bead of sweat rolled down his forehead.

You happily grinned as the male took your hand and shake it.

"Diluc. And it's a deal."

"I look forward working with you, Diluc."

----------

"Shouldn't you treat your wounds first?" Diluc asked as he pointed to the arrow still lodged in your shoulder.

You looked at the arrow and back to the red head with a smile.

"Tis but a scratch, my friend." you exclaimed with a shrug, making Diluc facepalm.

"I can't believe I'm helping a demon." you heard Diluc muttered as you looked at him confused.

You stiffened and felt your eyes turning static when Diluc gently picked you up bridal style, being careful of your injury.

"Let's get you bandaged up. It's also my way of apologizing for giving your neck a cut." Diluc stated, ignoring the weird static noises coming from your figure.