Chapter 56

'Is this how I'm going to die a second time? Drowning in the sea? Niffty if you can hear me, I prefer taking a bath than drowning in the sea.' you thought to yourself with a chuckle as you fell from the Jade Chamber with some of the debris of the platform falling along with you and towards the sea.

'I should be hitting the sea head first any time now..' you thought in your head as you awaited the harsh wet impact. You didn't expect arms wrapping around you as you felt yourself being held close towards someone's chest.

"Don't tell me you're already dead." you heard a familiar voice said as you looked up to see Xiao.

"Ha! Trust me, darling. It takes more than a fall for me to die!" you replied as Xiao teleported the both of you back to the Jade Chamber to where the others are.

"(Y/N)!" Aether cried out as he ran towards you and engulfed you in a hug. You couldn't move away due to the curse stiffening your body as you instead smiled and slowly patted the blonde's back.

"So, what'd I miss?" you asked with a grin as you looked at everyone.

"Ningguang is going to sacrifice the Jade Chamber. She's planning to drop it on top of Osial." Aether informed you as you gave him a look.

"Have any of you ever thought that Osial may just block the Jade Chamber if you drop it on top of him? He can clearly see what we are trying to do." you exclaimed as you pointed to the direction of the overlord himself.

You watched the others try to make a new strategy as they talked among themselves. You looked at the Jade Chamber and towards Osial, an idea appearing in your mind as you grinned at the thought. You turned back to the others and cleared your throat to get their attention.

"I have an idea! Do any of you know about baseball?" you happily asked as the others looked at you as if you grew two heads.

"Clearly not. Well, I'll be using the Jade Chamber to finish off Osial. You did say you'll sacrifice it." you exclaimed as you looked towards Ningguang, your grin widened when Ningguang nodded in reply.

"Excellent! Now, I just need all of you to get off this place." you stated as you made a shooing motion to everyone. Aether looked at you in shock as he gently grabbed your shoulders.

"What are you planning (Y/N)? I want to help. I'm not going to leave you here. And you might use your abilities and the curse might really turn you to stone!" Aether exclaimed in worry.

You wanted to laugh at the blonde's worry but you felt a small part of yourself telling you not to laugh in which you did. You patted the blonde on the head as you gave him a smile.

"I'll be alright, darling. Trust me. I'm a powerful demon. I have a few tricks up my sleeves." you replied as your grin widened and your shadow appeared beside you.

"Now, all of you better get off this chamber or else I'll push you all towards the sea." you stated as you moved away from the others and summoned your staff. You felt someone place a hand on your shoulder as you turned to see Xiao.

"Be careful. Call my name if you need any assistance." Xiao stated as you chuckled in return.

"Should I? Maybe I should call you 'Jambalaya lover' instead? Or how about 'cute yaksha'?" you teased as you watched the yaksha's ears turn into a bright red.

"Shut it." Xiao replied as he tried to cover the blush spreading across his cheeks.

"Not to worry, my cute yaksha. I'll live. I'll server you a bowl of jambalaya once things are alright, how about it?" you suggested as you kept poking Xiao's cheek with your index finger.