Chapter 25

"What do you mean you found her like this?!"

"Well, my dear brother, I was walking around the city. I smelled the faint scent of blood and decided to follow it, thinking someone could be hurt. I went to the corner and saw (Y/N) with a large chunk of ice impaling her."

"Kaeya..are you sure you didn't do this to her?"

"What the heck are you talking about, Diluc? Just because she was attacked by cryo magic doesn't mean I'm the one who did it. There are others who also have cryo vision too. I would never hurt (Y/N). Not on my life."

"Fine. Let's give her some rest for the time being. Judging by the bags on her eyes, she didn't even get any sleep. I'm guessing it's insomnia."

"She does look peaceful in her sleep with a smile like that. To be honest, I have never seen her frown nor show any other facial expressions other than a smile."

"You two sure talk a lot in front of someone who's unconscious." you exclaimed as you opened your eyes and sat up from your laying position.

Diluc and Kaeya slightly jumped from your sudden comment but  quickly rushed to your side.

"Where am I?" you asked as you looked around the room you're currently in.

"You're inside one of the guest's rooms at Dawn Winery. Kaeya brought you here an hour ago and we had to patch you up." Diluc explained as he helped you sit up from the bed, grabbing a chair nearby and seated himself beside you.

"You shouldn't move around too much. The injury was quite fatal.. we were surprised you managed to self heal the wound and close it. We removed the ice and cleaned the blood off of you." Kaeya informed as he handed you a glass of water to which you nodded in thanks and took it.

"Whoever attacked you.. wanted you gone. We were hesitant to remove the ice at first, it managed to puncture some of your vital organs. If we remove it, you'll be dead but luckily you didn't which is a relief." Diluc stated as he gently took your hand and caressed your knuckles.

'Well then, I suppose I have another thing to do before I go back to hell. Making sure that La Signora along with the fatui suffer..' you thought as you gritted your teeth in anger, blood slowly dripping down from your mouth.

"I assure you both, it takes more than that to kill me." you reassured as you quickly wiped away the blood on your mouth and grinned at the two.

"Oh? Do enlighten us, what can kill a demon like you?" Kaeya asked as he kneeled down beside your bed.

"That wouldn't be fun anymore. I don't like spoiling things. I'd rather see everyone try their best to kill me as I kill them. That's the kind of thrill I enjoy." you exclaimed as you glanced at Kaeya, your eyes glinting red while you gave the bluenette a smirk.

The air around the room became cold. Kaeya and Diluc felt a chill down their spine. You hummed when you noticed the two males shiver while you acted like nothing happened.

"Are you hungry? We can get you something to eat." Diluc suggested.

"Well, I am famished from recovering. I could go for some raw meat." you replied, holding your chin in thought.

"Raw meat? Nothing else? Not even cooked?" Kaeya asked.

"Right you are, dear. Just raw meat." you stated, grinning up at Kaeya. You glanced at Diluc and noticed him become stiff as a board.

"No need to be so stiff, darling. It's a demon thing. Unless you want me to feast on human flesh instead?" you exclaimed, whispering the last part as you patted Diluc on the shoulder. Diluc slightly narrowed his eyes at you and quickly shook his head.

"A demon thing.. alright then." Kaeya exclaimed as he and Diluc stood up and placed a kiss on either side of your cheeks. You were left speechless as Kaeya and Diluc went out of the room.

"Stay here and rest. You can read some of the books on the shelves to keep yourself entertained. If I find you wandering or sneaking around, it's either I'm going to have to drag you back to bed or I'll ask a maid to place a dog near the door." Diluc stated as he closed the door behind him, leaving you inside the room.

"Well, that was interesting." you muttered as you looked at the desk besides the bed you're on and saw your monocle.

"Honestly, I'd rather eat the things I hunt down than others doing it for me.. but sadly, I'm 'resting'. Ha! The audacity to threaten a demon!" you exclaimed with a laugh.

----------

"(Y/N)!" Aether and Paimon called out as they both rushed into the room you resided in and engulfed you in a hug.

You felt Paimon hugged your neck tightly while Aether hugged your waist. Knowing your two companions won't be letting go anytime soon, you patted them both on the head as reassurance.

'If I were still alive, I would probably be hugged to death by these two..' you thought as you pulled away from the hug.

"We were really worried about you. You've been gone for the whole day and we were searching everywhere for you." Paimon explained while Aether sat on the chair next to your bed.

"Diluc told us that you were resting here. He informed us that you weren't eating anything else other than raw meat so I went to get some more." Aether exclaimed as he placed a large bowl of raw meat on your lap.

You noticed the meat were sliced up into small cubes, you guessed it was to let you swallow it easily.

"Aether, dear I already ate--" you were cut off by a spoonful of meat in front of you.

"But if you eat more, the more you'll be able to regain your strength and recover quickly." Aether replied with a grin as he fed you.

'Humans are such adorable creatures.. but why am I being pampered like I'm sick.' you thought as Aether kept feeding you, wiping your face whenever some blood from the meat dripped down your chin.

'I suppose I'll just try to enjoy it..' you thought.

Aether finds it strange to see you eat raw meat but if his love rival said that it's what you needed to eat then he'll have to accept it and continue to feed you.

Aether noticed Paimon sleeping peacefully beside you, making him smile.

'Is this what it feels like to be having a family of your own..?' Aether thought to himself, watching you drape a blanket around Paimon to keep her from getting cold.

'I hope.. it continues to be like this..' Aether thought as he placed a light kiss on your cheek resulting in you creating a static sound. Aether chuckled when he saw your reddened cheeks.