Chapter 12

You and Jean entered the room you were at yesterday. You saw Lisa inside, talking to Aether and Paimon.

Paimon was the first to notice you as she quickly flew towards you and engulfed you in a hug. "(Y/N)! Paimon missed you!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Paimon, dear we both are busy and got separated for half the day." you replied as Paimon let go of the hug and pouted at you.

"Paimon thinks it took forever! Aether won't let Paimon eat a lot since we had to investigate the other temples! (Y/N) please make Paimon some food!" Paimon cried out as she pointed an accusing finger at Aether.

Your gaze landed on the blonde male, an amused look on your face. You didn't notice Paimon pulled out her tongue at Aether, making the male's eye twitch.

You let out a chuckle as you patted Paimon's head. "How about I cook a nice meal to satisfy your hunger?" you suggested. Paimon's eyes lit up as she nodded her head rapidly. "Yes! (Y/N) will make Paimon a delicious meal! Oohh Paimon can't wait!" Paimon cheered with stars in her eyes.

"Anyways, what are you doing here (Y/N)?" Paimon asked as she floated beside you.

"Well, I was about to ask Jean and Lisa about this strange crystal that I found back then." you stated as you held out your hand and summoned the crimson crystal you found at the forest, showing it to everyone.

"What is that..?" Aether questioned as he looked closely at the crystal.

"It's a crystal with some kind of power.. Lisa, are you able to analyze it?" Jean asked as Lisa inspected the crystal.

"Hm.. I can see impurities in the crystal, but upon further inspection.. I can't make a proper analysis at the moment, sorry. I'll take a look through the library's restricted section." Lisa stated.

"Where did you find the crystal, (Y/N)?" Aether asked as you turned to face him. "I got it back when we were in the forest after I teleported the three of us away from Stormterror." you explained. All of you turned towards Lisa when you heard her let out a yelp in pain.

"Are you alright?" you asked. "I'm okay but gosh did that hurt. The impurities in the crystal.. it hurts when I get close. It appears to react to visions. The impurities and the elemental energy we embody repel each other." Lisa exclaimed.

"Then (Y/N) isn't affected by the crystal since she doesn't have a vision nor any elemental energy?" Paimon questioned as she looked at the crystal then towards you.

"Yes, the crystal would be better left in the hands of our cutie. It will just be a pain if left with us - both literally and metaphorically." Lisa stated as you nodded and put away the crystal.

"Well then, Aether, (Y/N)... the Knights of Favonius have another favor to ask of you. Please accept the title of Honorary Knight.. and the gratitude of the Acting Grand Master." Jean exclaimed, making you and Aether surprised.

"Honorary Knight.. of Favonius?!" Paimon asked in shock. "I don't think it would be fitting for me to be called Honorary Knight. I think Aether would fit the role best. I'm just an assistant of sorts." you replied, making Jean slowly nod at your statement.

"We ask for your continued assistance in finding some answers. Stormterror's rage.. and strange crystals.. I know Mondstadt's peace hangs in the balance. May the wind open your eyes to the truth." Jean stated.

----------

You followed Aether and Paimon, exiting the headquarters in silence. You looked around and noticed some of the citizens looking at you. You gave them a large grin, your sharp teeth showing off as you stared back at the citizens with a glint in your eye.

You giggled when the citizens looked away from you and continued to do what they were doing.

"There's something you two didn't tell them." Paimon exclaimed as you turned towards her, knowing what she's hinting at. "We should investigate it on our own first." Aether stated when something green caught your eye.

"Aha! So you guys do remember him! The green guy! He looked just like the guy down there!" Paimon replied as she pointed to a male, clad in green, running to another direction.

"You're right! It's the exact same shade of green, what a coincidence!" Aether exclaimed, making you facepalm at your companions.

"I have no clue what the two of you are trying to say but that young fellow is the person we met in the forest!" you stated as Aether and Paimon looked at you then stared at each other.

"After him!" Paimon exclaimed as she and Aether went after the male, leaving you behind. 'They'll be having a bit of difficulty finding him..' you thought as you felt your shadow formed beside you, holding your shoulder as it looked at you.

You looked back at your shadow with a grin. "Can you help me find the male?" you asked the shadow as you watched it nod and move to another direction, you following closely while humming a small tune.

Your ears perked up from the soft melody of an instrument as you saw your shadow pointing towards a crowd of people. You walked closer to the crowd and noticed the green fellow was the one playing an instrument.

You thanked your shadow and watched it return to you as Aether and Paimon approached you, trying to catch their breath.

"What took you two so long?" you asked as Paimon flew towards your arms and decided to rest there. "Paimon got hungry and wanted to stop by for a snack." Aether panted out as you shifted your hold on Paimon and carried her like a toddler.

"Paimon was hungry!" Paimon retaliated as she crossed her arms and pouted. You slightly sweat dropped at the floating child's attitude and decided to ignore it and listen to the green fellow's music in front of you.