Chapter 36

"Well that was quite interesting!" you mused as you and your companions stood outside the domain after Cloud Retainer shooed you away.

"Well, at least we managed to change her mind about not destroying Liyue... let's head over to Wangshu Inn again to find the last adeptus." Aether exclaimed as your group descended down Mt. Aocang and made your way to Wangshu Inn.

----------

"Okay, we're back at the inn! Paimon thinks we should look at the balcony for the adeptus.. hehe, doubt we're going to find him in the kitchen." Paimon stated as the three of you went towards the balcony of Wangshu Inn.

"Stay close to me, (Y/N)." Aether told you as he held your hand in his and looked around the area with his guard up.

"He's not here..?" Paimon muttered as you and your group looked around the balcony. You went towards the railings of the balcony and observed the view around you with a smile.

Aether stood beside you, a gentle smile on his face as he stared at you in fondness. The blonde was completely infatuated with you. Aside from your murderous habits, he can't help but admire you. Aether snapped out of his thoughts when he saw your hand waving in front of him.

"I noticed you were staring at me. Am I truly eye-catching, my dear?" you teased, a grin erupting from your face when you noticed Aether's face turn red.

"Don't be embarrassed, darling. I must say you're quite charming yourself." you exclaimed with a giggle as you held Aether's chin between your thumb and index finger, your lips almost touching.

"Kiss. Kiss. Kiss." Paimon chanted in a whisper as she watched the interaction between her two traveling companions.

A harsh wind blew past you, making you look away from Aether and towards the incoming presence. You raised your hand and grabbed the spear that was about to strike you. You looked at the owner of the spear and your grin widened when you saw the same male from the other day.

"Oh! It's you again! Did you get some rest like I told you, dear?" you exclaimed as Aether pulled you behind him and summoned his sword while glaring at the male.

"Step aside, mortal. I have no business with you." the male stated, his amber eyes piercing straight through your skull as he pulled his spear away from your grip.

"Whatever business you're going to do with (Y/N), it's also my business as well. I will not let you hurt her." Aether replied as he and the male glared at each other.

"Can't we just talk about this? I assure you dear that I bring no harm to anyone here. I'm simply a traveling demon that's helping someone look for their sister! And.. we have this as well~" you explained, pulling out the Sigil of Permission and waving it to the teal haired male.

"A Sigil of Permission.. tch, you came prepared. Though this only prevents me from hurting you myself. Doesn't stop you from getting hurt in other ways. Leave. Now." the male said as he put away his spear and crossed his arms. Giving you a glare before disappearing.

"Not even a small thank you for tucking him in bed? What an odd fellow that man." you exclaimed with a small sigh, making Aether and Paimon look at you with wide eyes.

"You did what?" Paimon asked.

"I tucked him in bed, dear. I noticed he was over-exerting himself during our 'encounter' so I took it upon myself to let him use my bed so that he can get some rest. Although I'm not sure if he took some rest or not." you explained, placing your arms behind your back while you grinned at your companions.

"Uh.. guess we should go ask the boss lady of the inn about just how she manages to talk to the adepti.." Paimon suggested as the three of you went to find Verr Goldet.

----------

"Oh? You already met Xiao? Not often he's in a good enough mood to agree to see people." Verr Goldet exclaimed.

"That's his good mood? He was about to skewer our friend!" Paimon replied, gesturing towards you. Verr Goldet glanced in your direction to see you busying yourself with petting the cat that was laying on the counter, cooing and smiling at the small feline as it purred against your touch.

"Well.. if you wanna know my opinion.. If you keep Xiao in a good mood, things should be okay. How 'bout this, you go see the chef for a bowl of Almond Tofu and a plate of whatever it is you are best at making. Almond Tofu is one of the few human foods Xiao likes. The other dish is up to you." Verr Goldet suggested as you held the cat in your arms and continued to play with it while listening to your companions.

"Up to us, eh? Aether, (Y/N), what do you think you're the best at cooking?" Paimon asked as she turned to look at you and Aether.

"Satisfying Salad, I guess..?" Aether replied, unsure of his answer as he glanced at you. You held your chin in thought as the feline in your arms snuggled in your other arm.

"The best dish I am proud to make is Jambalaya! Have you both tried one before?" you asked, a large grin spreading across your face as you looked at your companions.

"Jamba.. what now?" Paimon questioned as Aether shrugged in reply, making you look at them in shock.

"You don't know Jambalaya?! Well, this just won't do! The two of you are missing out on a lot!" you stated, placing the cat back on the counter as you placed your hands on your hip.

"So.. you're gonna cook some Jambalaya?" Paimon asked as you gave her a large grin.

"Yes indeedy! I want the two of you and that Conqueror of Demons to at least taste Jambalaya. My mother once showed me a wonderful recipe for it, in fact, it nearly killed her! Ahaha!" you exclaimed with a laugh as you bid farewell to Verr Goldet and headed towards the kitchen with your friends.

"Just wait till you taste Jambalaya, my dears. I'm positive no one can resist my cookings, not even that adeptus." you mused.

"We're actually really lucky we get to eat the dishes she makes." Aether muttered towards Paimon.

"Yup! Paimon can tell that (Y/N) is the best housewife there is! She cooks, she cleans, she's nice to Paimon, she feeds Paimon..." Paimon trailed off as Aether rolled his eyes.

"Well.. you're not wrong on that one. She'll make a good wife." Aether mumbled, a small blush appearing on his cheeks as he thought of you being a beautiful wife. Thinking to himself and hoping that he could be a good husband for you.