Chapter 48

You held Qiqi in your arms as you and your group watched Childe laughing hysterically at the doorway of the pharmacy. You noticed Aether and Paimon stare at the ginger with an annoyed look as they waited for him to cease his laughter.

"Cocogoat! Oh my goodness, I cannot believe you guys fell for that!" Childe exclaimed with a chuckle, holding his sides as he tried to stop his laughter.

"I agree that it was funny. A simple miscommunication, really!" you stated, feeling Qiqi place her head on your shoulder as you rubbed circles around her back.

"That was the best laugh I've ever had in a long time. In return, I'm more than happy to sort out this mess you've managed to get yourselves into." Childe said as he began to discuss things with Baizhu.

You felt someone poking your cheek as you looked down to see Qiqi staring up at you. You and Qiqi continued to have a stare off until you decided to pull on Qiqi's cheeks, the zombie child doing the same to you. You ignored the stares of a few certain males as you and Qiqi continued to pull on each other's cheeks.

"Well, now that this is settled, we must head back to Yujing Terrace. Mr. Childe, Dr. Baizhu, Little Miss Qiqi, see you soon." Zhongli stated as you gently placed Qiqi back on the ground.

"Deer lady.." Qiqi called out as she reached out a hand towards you.

"Now now, Qiqi. Miss (Y/N) still has things to do." Baizhu reasoned as he patted Qiqi's head.

"Qiqi is now Deer lady's child. Qiqi must go with Deer lady." Qiqi stated, making Baizhu surprised.

"I'm terribly sorry, darling. But the things I do are quite dangerous. It is much safe for you to be here instead." you explained, watching in amusement as Qiqi ran towards you and hugged your leg.

"Qiqi doesn't want Deer lady to go.." Qiqi mumbled out as Baizhu smiled at you apologetically.

"How about this? I'll come and visit you so that we can spend some time together? That way you won't be sad!" you suggested, giving the child a grin as you used a bit of your power to summon a small rose and handed it to Qiqi.

"If the rose in your hand wilts and dies, that is when I would not be able to visit you anymore. Take good care of the rose, alright?" you exclaimed, watching as Qiqi look at you then down to the rose in her grasp.

"Qiqi will take care of the rose. Qiqi will make sure the rose is taken care of so deer lady can come and visit." Qiqi stated with a small nod as she let go of your leg to quickly grab a small vase for the flower.

"We'll be off then!" you exclaimed as you grinned at Baizhu before exiting the pharmacy with your companions.

"The rose you gave Qiqi... it was a fake rose." Aether said, giving you a confused look.

"Well, flowers can easily wilt and die. I wouldn't want the little darling to be heartbroken once she sees the wilted rose. It's also useful for the situation. As long as she sees the flower is still alive, then she'll know that I'm still going to visit her." you explained with a small hum.

"You're such a nice person, (Y/N)." Aether commented, making you let out a laugh.

"Why thank you, dear! You truly are very charming in your own ways." you replied, secretly rolling your eyes to the side when you were called nice.

----------

"We are almost done with the preparations. As for remuneration for your help, I've decided.. to treat you to a meal." Zhongli exclaimed with a warm smile.

You raised a brow at the offer as you glanced at your other companions. You held back a laugh when you saw Aether and Paimon staring at Zhongli as if he grew two heads.

"Zhongli.. treating? Is the world coming to an end?" Aether asked, looking at Zhongli with uncertainty.

"Someone pinch Paimon to make sure this is not a dream." Paimon stated as you shrugged and pulled on her cheek, making the floating fairy let out a whine.

"Paimon said pinch! Not pull Paimon's cheek!" Paimon cried out as she gave you a pout.

"Forgive me, my dear. You have to be specific with what you say next time." you reasoned as you gave Paimon a cheshire grin.

"So Zhongli is going to treat us?" Aether questioned as Zhongli nodded in reply.

"Yes. Don't worry, I will remember to bring the mora this time. Tonight, I shall take you three to an old hole-in-the-wall, praised throughout Liyue." Zhongli informed.

"Hole-in-the-wall?.. as in a cool restaurant?" Paimon asked.

"Indeed. Let us meet near the harbor at 'Third-Round Knockout'." Zhongli exclaimed.