Chapter 57

You and your companions made your way to the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. You felt yourself becoming more and more tired as the curse started to weigh heavily on you. Aether and Paimon talked to the lady outside of the funeral parlor while you struggled to keep your eyes open.

You closed your eyes for a bit when you felt a hand patting your cheek multiple times. You let out a small groan as you opened your eyes to come face to face with your shadow. Your shadow let out a small sigh of relief as it continued to keep you conscious by poking and patting your cheek.

"The lady said Zhongli went to the Northland Bank. Visiting Northland Bank full of Fatui could only mean more trouble!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Go to the bank. We will see him there. Trust me on this, dear." you stated, your vision starting to become a blur as the curse slowly reached one of your eye.

"Oh no (Y/N).. you're not looking very well." Paimon exclaimed as she looked at you in worry. Aether looked you over his shoulder as he gently adjusted his hold on you.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be able to do anything, (Y/N)." Aether stated. A wave of sadness washing over him as he felt your forehead resting above his shoulder.

"I'll be fine, darling. We need to go find Zhongli." you reassured as you gently moved away your shadow's hand, already a bit annoyed by the constant slapping and poking on your cheek.

You held onto Aether as you all made your way to the Northland Bank to where Zhongli might be. You felt your body becoming more and more heavy by the second as you heard Aether letting out a few grunts while he held you.

"How are you feeling, (Y/N)?" Paimon softly asked as she floated beside you. You stared at your floating companion for a second and noticed there was two of her.

"Very hungry, dear. Paimon, I didn't know there was two of you.. you don't mind if I eat one of you, right?" you replied as you tried to grab the other Paimon but felt nothing but air. Paimon stared at you with wide eyes as she floated towards Aether.

"Hey, um Aether? Paimon thinks something is wrong with (Y/N)! She sees two Paimons when there is only one!" Paimon exclaimed as she looked back at you and saw you resting your head on Aether's back with a small grin on your face.

"That might be just her being tired. She did used most of her strength after defeating Osial, Paimon. Let her rest." Aether replied.

You grinned in victory when Paimon's worries about the curse has ceased thanks to Aether. You have to thank Aether by cooking him a meal once the situation has calmed down. Letting out a quiet chuckle, you closed your eyes and pretended to rest as you waited for Aether to arrive at the Northland Bank.

----------

You got off of Aether's back as you and your companions made your way inside the bank. Summoning your staff in your hand, you prepared yourself for any incoming attack. It's not like you wanted to protect Aether and Paimon, you're just getting annoyed at the fatui, right?

Rightttt...

Your ears twitched to the side when you heard a group of voices chatting amongst themselves. You followed the voices, hearing it getting louder and louder as you near it. You looked behind for a few moments to make sure your companions were following you as you continued to approach the voices.

"...cooperation involves communication, you know.." you heard a familiar voice exclaimed. A hint of annoyance in its tone. You and your group saw Childe talking to Zhongli and.. Signora.

"Don't take it to heart, Childe. Besides, aren't you happy that you were able to skip the formalities and bring chaos to this land?" Signora replied, a giggle coming out of her lips as she turned her head to look at you.

"Oh? It seems like some of your friends have arrived too." Signora announced, a smirk appearing on her face as she noticed the geo markings that has spread across your body.

You felt your eye twitch as you began to march towards the female harbinger with your staff in hand but you were quickly held back by Aether. You let out a small growl as Aether wrapped his arms around your waist and held you close to him.

"(Y/N), calm down. If you use more of your abilities, the curse will really turn you to stone. Don't use it anymore." Aether whispered in your ear.

You turned back at Aether and saw him glaring at the people in front, guessing that he must be glaring at Signora. You didn't know Childe and Zhongli were glaring daggers at the blonde as he stood his ground and glared back at the two men.

"Signora." Aether recalled the female harbinger's name as he turned his glare towards her.

"The bitch.." you added, a wide ecstatic grin on your face.

"Well, well, it's nice to see you again, filthy demon." Signora spatted back as she clicked her tongue in disgust towards you.

You grinned back in reply, unbothered by her insults. Sure you don't take baths much but you always do your best to keep yourself presentable and look clean. Even though Niffty has complained that you should take a bath everyday for multiple times now. You told the little demon that you'll take a bath if pigs can fly.

You felt another presence beside you. You saw a slightly blurry figure stand beside you, their guards up in case the two harbingers in front of you started to attack. You narrowed your eyes and noticed the blurry figure was Zhongli.

"If it isn't, little red! It's nice to see you again after our.. battle. And hey, I didn't expect that you'd defeat Osial too. You're not looking really well with that curse upon you right now. Perhaps you used to much of your strength." Childe exclaimed, giving you a smile as you noticed his eyes stared at you in worry.

"It's nothing to worry about, dear. Even though things are a bit blurry, I can still see and do what is needed." you replied when you felt Zhongli place his hand on your shoulder.

'Remove the curse on me, Morax.' you told the amber eyed male beside you, using a small bit of your abilities to talk to him telepathically as you felt your eyesight becoming more blurry.

'I will remove it later. Be patient.' Zhongli replied, the two of you ignoring the others chatting. You twirled your staff around your fingers as you let out a small growl.

You swung your staff behind you and hit Zhongli's bottom very, very hard.

thwack

You grinned in triumph as you watched Zhongli stagger forward with a grunt. The others looked at the two of you as you both pretended like nothing happened.

'I prefer now, Morax. I'm not a very patient demon when it comes to this.' you stated as you watched the others talk to each other again.

You heard Zhongli let out a small huff in reply as he placed his hand on the back of your neck. You watched as your eyesight returned to normal but you felt your body is still stiff.

'Morax..' you called out as you glanced at Zhongli.

'Patience, little demon. I only lessened the geo on your body. I'll remove it once this meeting is over.' Zhongli replied, making you groan in annoyance.