Chapter 33: Another One Bites the Dust

John

After that fantastic date last Saturday, we're just chilling on the couch at the play room.

I know this block from leaving the compound alone put a damp on our relationship and it sucks, but at least we get to see each other. I would die if I wasn't allowed to see Rosalyn. And though it's not an ideal date for a high school student, it's certainly better than the alternative.

Yes, we could be out there having a wonderful outdoor date like Emmett's having right now with his mate at the falls. And we certainly deserve one! But better to be here alone than over there chaperoned. Even though uncle Felix checked on us from time to time, this is really nice.

"Are you okay?" - She asked as she noticed me pensive.

"Yes, I am. I was just thinking about Emmett's date. It must be crazy to have to explain all this to a human!" - I told her. It's not exactly the truth, but it's passable.

"I know, right? It's mad!" - She exclaimed, wide eyed.

"Yeah, I don't want my mate to be human! I think I rather face a guy mate than a human one!" - I joked.

"No, that's a lie, Goddess. Just kidding, don't mate me with a guy if you're listening!" - I croaked.

"That's not how it works, silly! She mates you at birth, not when you're a teenager!" - She corrected me with a laughter.

"Really? Then why didn't you..." - I trailed off. She scowled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up!" - I apologized, looking at her.

"It's okay. It's a fair question. And I don't know why. Or will I ever know." - She grimaced.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything!" - I sounded remorseful.

"John, it's fine! It's normal for a werewolf to wonder who their mate is! It's only the person you're gonna spend the rest of your life with! It's okay to be curious about it!" - She explained with a sad smile.

"I know, I just don't want you to feel sad thinking you are unmateable!" - I said and she laughed at my words.

"Thanks, I don't. I'm sure he's out there! But I'm not in any hurry! Even If I find my mate tomorrow, it wouldn't change anything! Emm already found his. He's ascending! It's fine, I made my peace with it more than a month ago!" - She told me, trying for a smile.

"I know. But you are allowed to be sad about it!" - I felt for her.

"I've been sad enough! Now, it's on with the future and new plans!" - She pondered, positively.

"Excellent! But for now, let's enjoy ourselves before uncle Felix interrupts us!" - I snickered.

We kiss for 5 minutes on the clock before Uncle Felix called us for dinner.