Chapter 36: Cant Fight The Moonlight

Sam

After that second *date* last month, I had some serious thinking to do! And I did thought about it. A lot!

Of course it's crazy! Soulmate? A werewolf? Are you freaking kidding me? This is NOT what I thought it was on the cards for me at Rutherford Falls. Or anywhere in the world, let's be honest!

However, you can't fault his honesty and country boy charm. And of course, you can't beat the view!

There was a moment when he was stripping - that I was wondering if it was some sort of maneuver to get with me - I did enjoyed the view. Like I always do!

But I never expected him to actually prove it to me. It's crazy! A werewolf?! Come on!

I barely had time to digest that when the next day my dad rushes out of home claiming there was a massive animal attack in the outskirts of the city. THAT was crazy too. It was even in the local news. More than 100 wolves dead.

I texted him immediately and he told me what happened when he called me not soon after.

It was heartbreaking news. I didn't see him for a week after that. But I could never stop thinking about him, at school when I didn't see his smile greeting me in the morning. At lunch when I sat alone everyday. Or even at home.

So when he returned to school the week after, I was glad to see him, even if his smile was weak. And we've been talking and texting everyday, it's been a nice break from the crap I had to take at school sometimes, especially about the bathroom situation.

Which brings us to today, during the school lunch break he kissed me out of the blue! I mean, he asked me first like the gentleman that he is. But that was hot!

Honestly, as much as I wanted to disregard that crazy Goddess theory, I can't refute the fact that he's been on my mind ever since I met him 2 months ago.

And don't get me started on the dreams I've been having with him. Bitch...

I'm not one to admire adult entertainment that much, I'm not a saint either. But these dreams... Damn! I could be teaching the studio people a thing or two on how to treat a girl like me!

And now I have a date with him to meet his family. Like of course! That's so thoughtful of him!

Most boys wouldn't take me to the mall together, but not only he isn't ashamed of me, he's also not afraid to introduce me to his family. Granted, his *situation* is different from other teens. But still, swoon!

Basically, I've been swooning from Monday til the time our date arrives.

FRIDAY, we are having lunch and I still can't grasp the fact that John's best friend is potentially meeting his mate on Sunday, his birthday.

"So Paul, what are you going to do on your birthday? Are you going to walk the entire land sniffing out your soulmate?" - I asked him. And they all laughed.

"That's not actually a bad idea! No, my mom is gonna bake a cake and we're gonna eat it. I mean, she, I, my little brother and Emm. It's just a small celebration." - He told me, smiling.

"And are you excited to meet her?"

"Excited? He hasn't shut up about it for like a month! I think I'm gonna hide my sister from him till he finds his damn mate!" - Emm snickered. Everyone laughed but John.

"You come near her, I dare you!" - John threatened. He was not joking as his look could kill.

"Bro, you can't hide my mate from me forever. I'm gonna find her eventually at school." - He replied with a joking tone, ignoring John's threat.