34. 𝑒𝒶𝑔𝓁𝑒 𝒻𝒶𝓃𝑔

·*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·

I'm so glad that you decided to come," I smile at the buzz-haired boy next to me.

"me too," A smile appeared on Eli's face, making my heart warm as I looked from him to Miguel, who was standing on my other side.

"This is day one," Johnny interrupted with a nod. "You've been here before, but things are different now,"

I suddenly felt Eli's fingertips barely brush against my hand, making me blush foolishly, not even knowing if he did it purposely.

"They tried to tear us down, didn't work!" Johnny paced in-front of us three. "This park will be our new dojo,"

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of it all.

" 'Cause you don't need a dojo to be a dojo, is that understood?"

"Yes sensei!" The boys sounded declarative while my words came out more like a question.

"I started Cobra Kai with one nerd," Johnny pointed to Miguel, "This is a step up. And if we want to be taken seriously, we need a name that commands respect."

We all nodded curiously.

"Cobras are strong, but there's only one animal that can kill a snake," Johnny added.

"A mongoose," Eli said proudly, making our brows furrow at the name while Johnny looked almost disgusted.

"A real animal, Hawk," Johnny scoffed, earning a confused look from all of us, "Welcome, to eagle fang karate,"

Johnny took fabric out of his bag, showing us a red t-shirt with an scary looking eagle on it.

"Badass, I like it," I smile at the man as he threw one at me before we put them over our clothes.

The day after Johnny told us he was officially 'opening' his own dojo, I went directly at Miyagi-do where Sam, Robby and Demetri were training.

Even though I felt guilty about leaving them after all they did for me, I wanted to do what was best for me; Miyagi-do felt like a rebound dojo, and I missed sensei Lawrence.

I could tell that Mr.LaRusso felt betrayed by my actions, and that Sam wasn't far from it, but she still understood my decision.

Demetri didn't care at all, he was just happy that Eli and I got back on good terms. I reassured him that he will be too, and that it was only a matter of time.

I couldn't tell how Robby felt; He didn't speak a single word, he only nodded while I explained exactly why I was leaving; I knew deep inside that I needed to talk to him privately, to sort things out between the both of us.

To make matters worst, thoughts about me going back home kept popping into my mind, even though I pushed them away as soon as I could; It was the last thing I wanted to think about, even though the date was approaching quicker than I would liked it.

For now, I needed to think about Eli, Miguel, Johnny and I; Eagle Fang Karate.

~~~~

"Y/n, can you stay a second?" My math teacher said to me before I tried leaving with Eli; He gave me a soft 'good luck' before walking into the crowded halls with the other students.

"I saw that you applied for the tutoring program," She smiled gently, making me nod, "I'm happy you did, it's a great opportunity to help students who may have difficulty in certain subjects."

"And it looks good on the university applications," I gave her a soft laugh that she returned with a nod.

"Anyways, I see that you and Eli are close, and that he has been doing less than average in math recently. I have to pair one tutor with one student, so is that okay with you?"