39. 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓎

I've got a hundred million
reasons to walk away,
but baby, I just need one good one to stay
-Lady Gaga

·*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·

The big double doors facing us opened the moment they came into view, leaving me shocked.

Eli grin widen at the sight of my half confused face while one of his arms slid on my back and around my waist.

"Surprise," He leaned in to my ear before whispering softly, almost making me forget where we are as my knees buckled from underneath me.

"You really did all of this?" I looked up into his eyes, amazed by how far he'd gone to make my last night in the valley special.

"I'd do anything for you, you know that," He smirked smugly, making me laugh as familiar faces started to join us.

"Come on in love birds, we were all waiting for you," Miguel childishly pulled us into the crowded, pink lit room before leaving us, as I tried not to trip on my dress.

The grandiose room was filled with everyone from classmate I've talked to once and my closest friends; even my uncle stood by the giant snack table, stuffing his face with what looked like diverse cheeses.

"Thank you Eli, I love this," I said as we walked further into the room, admiring everyone's outfits.

"It's nothing princess, I got help from my friends," He laughed through his nose as a grin appeared on his face while he nodded towards Demetri and Miguel who were arguing with the poor dj.

It wasn't long until I started hearing a beautiful, slow song blaring trough the speakers.

"I like this song," I whispered to Eli as he delicately took my hands to pull me closer.

"I know," He guided my hands with a soft smirk to finally place them behind his neck.

We progressively got closer, melting into each other as the dance floor became crowded.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Skylar and Dawson all cuddled together. I couldn't help but smile at the thought. Since they were kids, they always pushed away the idea of being together, but turns out I was right the entire time; Skylar and Dawson were always meant to be together, thats just how it goes.

Are me and Eli meant to be together in the end? I always thought yes. Even though we had our ups and downs, I knew it was impossible to love someone more than I loved and love Eli.

I needed to tell him that.

I love you.

I was such a coward, pushing my strong obvious feelings for him aside in fear of messing up the good thing we had between us.

"You smell good," We pulled me closer, hugging my waist complaining, our bodies completely touching. I laughed softly while his eyes lingered on my face, "What? Was that weird..?"

"No," A soft smile escaped my lips while I looked down at our feet, "You're just cute, that's it,"

One of his hands left my hip, leaving me longing for his touch before he softly grazed my chin up so that our eyes can meet once again, "Thank you for giving me the best summer I've ever had,"