6 Luca

Hours after the unusual meeting with the pride leader and another embarrassing conversation admitting to my best friend Elijah how I had stuffed everything up. He told me there was no information, no records, no anything for anyone named Evangelina Maria Bowman. I was feeling defeated. I had one chance and I blew it. Until a text routed through an app anonymously pinged to my phone.

"No dog is good enough for Evie. Stand down mutt."

I only needed one guess to figure out it had to be the cat shifter princess Sara. Who apparently was less jovial about her friend being my mate than her father was. I went to Elijah's office, knocking loudly once before pushing the door open, only to have a large book thrown at me as a very naked Lark straddled Elijah in his office chair.

I moved fast as lightning back out the door. Slamming it. Mindlinking Elijah to lock the damn door if he was going to fuck his mate. Ugh I had to sit there when I filled in sometimes. I did not want to sit in a puddle of his jizz. Doing paperwork and filling in when he was busy was enough torture on its own.

I felt lost. I wanted what Elijah had with Lark, I wanted a loving mate. I was roaming the halls aimlessly. When I saw Seth come around a corner, his eyes wide when they landed on me. He looked around before gesturing for me to follow him.

Hopeful that maybe something about this miserable day could be salvaged I followed him back down to the tech room. He looked up and down the hallway before shutting and locking the door. "You're sure this girl is your mate? No doubt?" Seth questioned me, his voice low even though this room was sound proof in every way possible. My phone didn't even have service in this room.

"I'm sure, I could pick out her scent the moment I walked into Howlers, my wolf knows and when I got to hold her hand I felt the sparks. She's it." Seth nodded, still looking like he was on edge.

He ran his hand through his shaggy light brown hair, "I'm not supposed to help you, or track her," another anxious pause, "A passport for Evangelina Marie Bowman was just scanned at the Canadian border, on the highway leading to Vancouver." he pushed me towards the door and into the hall. "I suggest catching a plane, you're going to need time and luck to find her there." shutting the door in my face.

Not needing any further instruction I ran up to my apartment throwing together an overnight bag before running down the stairs and mind linking broadly a request for a drive to the airport asap. Ada was just pulling into the driveway when I saw her eyes meet mine through the windshield. She waved me over as she popped into my head with a mind link letting me know she would give me a lift.

All but running I folded myself into her mini, knees against the glove box as I buckled in. Frantically scanning through flight options on my phone that would put me in the same city as my mate.

During the drive Ada talked about a story the night crew had told her this morning, about a rowdy lady cat shifter in the hotel the night before. One who had been so loud the desk got four calls over an hour over the raunchy sex sounds coming from the room, until she had kicked out her human companion, screaming at him as he ran out. Then not even ten minutes later, another human, this time a woman went into the room and was quiet all night, until they were the first to check out in the morning, even before Ada had started working.

I started to put the pieces together. Sara was almost certainly the rowdy cat, and Evie hadn't been in the room when the sex had happened. No three way. A weight off my chest. After a quick drive to the airport I ran from the car, Ada wishing me good luck with my mate chase. Running to check in, then to security. Anxiously tapping my foot the entire time I was waiting. I didn't have much time to make it through to catch my flight.

The instant I was cleared I started to run again. Perhaps a little too fast for being among the general population, the risk worth it. Chanting a silent prayer in my head to the Goddess that I would make the flight and find Evie tonight.