38 Evie

Everything spun as Ash whisked Luca and I immediately to where I wanted to go. Leaving me feeling dizzy as the air went cold, and all sounds stopped. Until I heard the familiar sound of Sarah laughing echoing around the icey chamber.

Though it wasn't her normal laugh, there was no warmth or sunshine in the sound. Not anymore, it was maniacal, unhinged. It wasn't Sarah anymore at all. We were standing in a rounded chamber, blue white walls of ice surrounding us. Deep inside a glacier with no way in or out, except to teleport. The only warmth was radiating from Luca as he stood beside me, tense and worried for me. An unwavering sense of support and strength flowing from him to me. 

Ash snapped her fingers and a soft, sherpa lined sweater appeared over my clothes, a warm looking windbreaker appearing on Luca at the same time. I watched in awe as Ash moved her hands and the frozen iron box front fell open, revealing a snarling chained Sarah, blood dripping down her chin, completely drained blood bags frozen at her feet. She was still wearing the stripper shoes Rocket had given her. 

I made eye contact with the Demon living in Sarah's body and could feel the very air change as the Demon switched from snarling and trying to free itself from Ash's chains to simpering and crying. "Evie!" the voice was right but Sarah would never be so obviously needy, everything about this monster was wrong. "Please! Evie you have to help me, that woman is a witch! She is evil! Please don't leave me here, help me!" This wasn't Sarah, she would never beg, everything about this creature screamed imposter. Even before blood red tears began to trace down her cheeks from her bright red colored eyes. 

"You're not Sarah." my voice sounding far more even and calm than I felt. Again it was like a switch flipped, the not Sarah Demon stopped crying, cold, calculating red eyes watching me with a smirk. 

"No, I'm not Sarah, not anymore." The cavern grew even colder as the monster wearing Sarah's face glared at me. "Sarah and I would have gotten along so well sweet Evie." The demonic eyes in Sarah's face roved over my body, making me feel exceptionally gross. Like her gaze left a slimy trail over my skin. 

"Mmm" The monster purred at me. "Sweet Evie indeed, you Know Sarah was the one to drug you that night in the bar?" the Demon was smirking now, looking grotesque with blood trails down her cheeks and a mess of bagged blood around her mouth and chin. "She did so love being your hero, do you remember that night? Sarah brought you home, you were so grateful. So willing as the drugs swirled through your blood. Sarah had one night where you did everything she wanted." I couldn't stop my face from reacting, the Demon crowing out a cackling laugh at my fresh distress. 

I felt dirty, I knew the night. I had felt so terrible the next day. Sarah had taken such good care of me, telling me the drugs I was slipped at the bar by some stranger must have given me the massive hangover. We had spent two days in bed together as I recovered. I had been so thankful, Sarah had been so good to me that weekend. It was one of my better memories of Sarah, now it left my stomach in knots and my head reeling. 

I remembered how my body felt the morning after, hazy memories I never wanted to remember. How my muscles ached like they had after a brutal cross fit day. Except I was supposed to have been passed out in bed, the bruises on my body Sarah said were from me falling and stumbling as she helped me get home. Sarah had been my hero, my best friend. My twisted sister, the first person I had loved. Flaws, mean streaks, jealousy and rage problems I had still loved her as she was. I had loved Sarah and she betrayed me. Repeatedly hurt me. I was spiraling. 

Suddenly Luca was behind me, handing me a heavy cross bolt gun. He flicked the safety off, "That isn't Sarah, don't let it take anything more from you." he kissed my cheek as the Demon wearing Sarah's face looked at me like I was an insect under its foot.