57.

Ebony's POV. 💜

"Stop looking at me like that," I yelled at Jake as we sat on the bed.

"Like what?" Jake said innocently, still staring at me with wide eyes.

"Like I'm a delicate little freak." I rolled my eyes at him. "STOP IT!" I hit his arm.

"Hey! I never said you were delicate." He laughed as I hit him again. "I'm sorry, I just missed you." He leaned into my side and nudged me sideways.

"How much?" I battered my eyelashes at him and pouted my lips.

"Enough to not have sex for a month." He smiled smugly.

"No way!"

He put his hand over his heart. "The sacrifices I have made will shock you."

"I don't believe you." I shook my head. "You couldn't go a day without touching yourself."

"I never said I didn't touch myself." He said proudly with a smirk on his face. "But I did it because I missed you." He rubbed his hand down my face and laughed loudly as he dodged my fist.

"I seriously hate you." I wiped my face with my T-Shirt. "Gross."

"I cleaned up afterward, damn. I'm not Callan." He smelled his hands slowly and smiled. "Mmmm, lubricant fresh."

"Jake!" I whined at him.

"I'm kidding. I washed my hands." He laughed hysterically.

"You better have." I missed his laugh. "It feels weird to be back in this body," I said, lifting my hands to my face and looking at them. "Knowing this isn't my body and all."

"It is your body, Eb."

"It's not, though. I can feel her inside me now. It's like she is conscious and in my head. I don't like being aware of it." I made a face as I felt the creature inside me.

"Is she fighting you?" Jake said, concerned as he looked over my body.

"No, nothing like that. She is just as nervous as I am about all of this. I can just feel her. It's hard to explain." I shrugged and sighed. "I feel bad because I know she loved all of you, and I feel like I took that away."

"She is still our family, and we will still protect her. You guys are a package deal, much like me and my magnificent personality. I mean, you love one, you love other." He smiled softly, touching my hand. "Does Bossman know about any of this?"

I shook my head. "No, please don't say anything. I don't want to cause any drama. We just have to get used to it all."

"Eb, you did want to come, right?" Jake said, squeezing my hand tightly.

"Of course." I was shocked at his question. "Why would you even ask that?"

"Because I have to know." He said, smiling at me. "If I don't ask the hard questions, then no one will." He shrugged. "I mean, a lot has changed since you left."

I looked over at Cayden sleeping in a cot by the bed. "I just can't believe I'm a mom." I smiled to myself.

"I believe the term is MILF." Jake said, winking.

"Ebony, can I speak with you for a moment, please?" I heard Carter's deep voice and turned to see him standing at the door.

"Of course."

"That's my cue to leave," Jake said, standing up and walking out of the room. "I'll annoy you later, Eb."

"I can't wait." I waved as he left the room.