32.

CARTERS POV.

The darkness had all but disappeared from the sky above us and the king's army had returned to their vampire state but was very confused as to what had happened. The witches were frantically trying to find any sign of Ebony or the darkness but both had just disappeared like they were never here. There was nothing left.

"I'm trying to be calm here bossman. I really am, but I'm about to lose my shit if someone doesn't tell me what is going on here. I refuse to believe that Eb is evil. This is bullshit." Jacob yelled in frustration after I shared with them what the Devil had told me. "I'm really trying to understand right now boss, but I'm about to hit someone."

"Wait, Ebony is actually dead?" Callan said pointing at her lifeless body on the floor. "And the devil told you that she is the darkness that has been trying to kill our family for generations?" he paused. "I just don't see it." Callan tapped his chin slowly with his finger. "No way."

"Nope," Jacob said shaking his head. "Wait, you mean to tell me I've been flirting with the darkness all this entire time? No wonder she never slept with me." Jake smiled as I clipped him over the back of the head. "I mean the hell you say, boss. Let's get your lady back and kill something already." He moved slightly away from me shielding his face from me.

"I do not understand?" Ariel said. "I was inside of her and I didn't detect any evil from her. That is not possible."

"You shouldn't say things like that to boss, bro," Jacob said to Ariel nudging him. "We all thought it but we don't say it, damn."

Ariel shook his head. "I would have sensed an evil presence in her and I didn't. I don't believe a word of this nonsense."

"I don't either but we have to consider this given that we can't find her," Henry said. "It doesn't make any sense and I know that Ebony is a good person but we have to proceed with caution here."

"This is bullshit," Leon yelled throwing his hands up in frustration. "That thing was inside me for years and I would know if Ebony had any connection to it...." he suddenly stopped and went quiet for a moment.

"What?" I said watching Leon turn a shade paler.

"I'm sure it's nothing." He waved it off and turned around.

"Tell me," I said sternly. "I need to know everything you can remember."

Leon sighed. "When the darkness thought I was asleep it would whisper to someone. I couldn't make the words most of the time but it would whisper about killing you. It was trying to contact someone or something about remembering the deal? It would whisper a name to me but I could never make it out. Now that I think about it, it could of been....No. I'm not even going to suggest it. "

I suddenly felt ill as memories of the darkness being in me flooded my head. The constant voice in my head telling me to do things, unspeakable things and then I remembered the whispering. It only came during the day when I pretended to sleep. The voice was calm yet controlling and it would whisper about killing me and my family. I would listen to it for hours trying to make out the words but I never could hear them. I could just feel the darkness becoming frustrated and then it would take out its anger on me as it tried to kill me slowly.

"You remember it too don't you brother?" Leon said as I looked up at him with fear in my eyes. "You remember the constant whisper in your head and the name it called. I don't want to believe it but we both heard it."

"It doesn't prove it was my Ebony and I refuse to believe that she had anything to do with any of this. I know my wife and she is not evil." I snapped back at him as I felt my rage build inside me. "You all know Ebony. You all love her and you know she is not evil. She lived her life protecting us not hurting us. We have to find her and bring her home no matter what. She would never give up on any of us and I will never give up on her. Who is with me here?"