62.

"Where do we go?" I looked around the long hallway of the vampire council chamber. The hallway floor was lined with a long red and gold carpet runner. The walls were black and had paintings of previous and now deceased council members running along it in oversized gold picture frames. The dates on the frames went back to the sixteen hundreds, probably even further than that, as the hallway turned to the left.

"Let's find out," vampire Carter said, pulling a random painting off the wall. "Come out, come out wherever you are." He sang as he threw the picture on the ground smashing the glass and the gold frame. "I can keep going," he pulled another painting off the wall and shattered the glass as he slammed the picture on the ground with a loud roar.

"I don't think you should be doing this." I grabbed his arm.

"I'm not playing to their rules anymore. I'm done being nice." Vampire Carter pulled his arm from mine. "They want me, then come and get me." He bellowed through the hallway.

"Mr. Morgan, can we have a word with you, please." A council member said calmly, walking towards us in his black robes. "I think we have many things to discuss."

"No, you can go fuck yourself." Vampire Carter yelled. "Get my family back, or I break every bone in your body."

"Mr. Morgan, I will not have you talk to me this way. You will refrain from using that language here, or there will be...."

"FUCK YOU!" Vampire Carter yelled. "I'm done playing by your rules, asshole. I've been really patient with you all. I've followed every rule and taken every punishment you could throw at me. Hell, I even let you think you were in charge and capable of dealing with me. Do you know why? Because I was worried if I betrayed you, you would hurt my family, and guess what? You just did! I have no reason to hold back anymore."

"Mr. Morgan." Another council member appeared in black robes. "We will not allow you to threaten any member of the..." That sentence was cut sort as Carter put that vampire in a chokehold.

"Finish that sentence. I dare you." Vampire Carter laughed. "Don't you move." He glared at the first council member as he tried to run away. "You're next."

"Now!" The vampire yelled loudly, backing away with a smile on his face. "NOW!"

The room fell silent as the ground started to shake. The walls of the chambers were cracking around us, and the ceiling was beginning to fall like it was in a vice hold.

"You think you can win?" The council member laughed. "This was the plan all along."

"If I die, you die with me." Vampire Carter howled into the night. "I'm not afraid to face death."

"No, but your son might be." The council member laughed wickedly as another carried out a crying baby Cayden. "What do you have to say now?"

"Oh no." I gasped as I watched Vampire Carter tear the head of that vampire like it was made of styrofoam and throw it to the floor. His body seemed to grow even bigger as he focused on his crying son in the arms of the enemy. "Let my son go," I yelled as my body was suddenly fuelled by rage pumping through my heart.

"You have no idea what you just did." Vampire Carter smiled wickedly and looked over at me. "Your turn, my sunshine."

I smiled as I felt my body pulse with such a hunger for every council member who ever walked this world. I had never felt such power and instinct in my entire existence. "Run," I warned the vampire holding my baby as I clenched my fists.

"Miss Summers. There is no need for..." I lunged at the vampire and tore my baby out of his arms. Well, to be more precise, I tore off his arms as I took my baby and crushed his skull against the wall behind him like dust. "My name is Ebony Morgan, asshole." I kicked his remaining body down the hallway like a soccer ball.