16.

"Yes, you have definitely fractured your fibula, Miss Ebony." The elderly witch healer said as she hovered around my leg. "Not too badly, but I can certainly fix it up." The elderly witch looked up at me with her creepy white eyes and I felt a shudder go up my back. There was something about a creature with no pupils and no physical emotion that just was wrong.

"Okay, thank you." I forced a smile as I pressed my lips together. Don't stare Ebony. Be cool.

"Is she looking at you or me?" Jake said in my ear as we sat on a bed in the castle.

"Shhh, don't be rude." I nudged him in the stomach making him groan softly.

"I'm sorry, but her eyes are freaking me out."

"Then, look away," I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm trying too, but I can't." Jake cleared his throat softly and licked his bottom lip as he flicked his blond hair back. "She has me under her spell, the naughty little rabbit." He winked at her and blew a kiss into the air, we both tried not to laugh as the witch healer looked down at my leg again completely unimpressed with us. She mumbled something under her breath as she walked away slightly.

"You pissed her off." I whispered.

"She's just playing hard to get. She wants the lion to chase her and savage her beautiful...Ummm, no sorry wrong word. I meant saggy, withered and probably cobweb covered body."

"You need to stop." I sighed loudly.

"You tell her that." Jake pointed at the witch elder who was talking with some other vampires. "Yep, she wants a piece of this rock hard young thing. Look at her practically begging for some." The elderly witch looked back at us. "Oh shit, she heard me." Jake covered his face with his hands and I burst out laughing as he hid behind me. "Is still looking at me?"

"Yes." I laughed. "I mean she does want you so it's completely understandable that she can't look away."

"I bet she a clinger." He said peeping over my shoulder. "Witches are always nesters."

We both stared at her in silence not noticing Henry walking into the room.

"Ebony, are you feeling any better?" Henry said making us both jump out of our skin and making the witch healer dropped to her knees instantly.

"Your majesty." she cooed and bowed her head as Henry walked beside her.

"Rise, madam healer, I have told you before there is no need for that." Henry smiled as he helped her off the floor. "You are always welcome in my home."

The witch healer practically swooned at him and bowed her head again. "Thank your majesty. Thank you." Henry awkwardly looked around as the elderly witch reached out and grabbed Henry's hand and kissed it.

"Oh please. There is no need." He quickly pulled his hand away as the other witches started to walk closer with pleasure in their eyes. "Ladies, please." Henry held his hands up in defeat.

"Do you think King Henry would turn to the dark side and marry me?" Jake said as we watched every witch in the room fawn over him like he was the last male in the vampire world. "I mean I'd be good to him."

"We will no longer be friends if you don't try." I smiled.

"I want women to fall at my feet like that. I mean, the power he has over them is mind-blowing. Think of the power we could have together." Jakes eyes glistened at the thought of it.

"You had me at dark side." I laughed as we watched a very awkward Henry try to control the young witches around him, trying to kiss his feet and his hand.