Chapter 12

Narrator Pov

The police officer dagged Zaid and throw him into the cell. One with no other man present inside.

I'm so glad that none of my men got caught though Zaid. He rummed around the cell in deep thoughts.

I will not do anything he thought. If this is what she wants then so be it.

___________________________________________________________________________

Layla cames home and immediately jumps into bed, while granny complains about not spending some time with them first.

Grandpa says to granny, "Let her sleep I'm sure she hadn't had any proper sleep for the pass week let her sleep."

"Okay let's talk in the kitchen." they then move towards the kitchen.

"What do you think of Salman." Nani (granny) asks

"As in for what. I don't understand."

"Silly, Layla hand in marriage."

"Don't you think it is too early for that. I mean we only just met him."

"I know, we will obviously first do a background check on him then consult with our daughter (as in Layla mother)."

"So you mean as a potential son-in-law." Nana (grandpa) asks

"Yes of course."

"I think, so too. Honestly if that Azaan wasn't married I would of have him for my granddaughter. He just seems more interested in her."

"Don't be silly. How can he be interested in our Layla when he already has a daughter and a wife."

"Yeah, but we've never seen his wife before either."

They both decided to drop the topic for now and someday call Azaan and his wife over.

Azaan Pov

I got home and Noor runs into my arms all cheerful. "Assalam princess" I greet her reminding her that one needs to greet first.

"Wasalaam daddy, where have you been."

"So the interrogation already began." I say when Noor makes a angry face and faces her back towards me. "Okay fine I went out looking for your teacher. I also found her."

"Daddy, daddy can we go meet her." Noor jumps up and down holding my shirt.

"Your teacher is very tired now so she must be resting. You can meet her at school tomorrow and if she doesn't came I'll take you to her deal."

"Deal" Noor says less cheerful right now.

"Nanny grandson is very sweet to me. We are enjoying very much can I go play with him now please."

"Of course you can" I say and she runs off.

I go to my room and I'm about to jump into bed when I remember the papers of Layla history. Right now I am so keen to know if she still has parents or not so I grab the stack of pages and start reading through them.

It has everything, from the day she was born right uptill right now. I ignore the baby stuff for right now and page to when she was seven years old there it has a photograph of Layla she used to be so aborable, not that she isn't now but it is something else.

I read thought her schooling years and find out that she was a straight A student. Her favorite subject was maths. Like really I hated maths in my schooling years. I had top all my subjects except maths it had the lowest average rate.