Chapter 23

Layla Pov

I smile at Noor and take the photo of her mother in my hand. Azaan really had a cute relationship with his daughter.... I mean niece. How he makes her study and how she actually listens so she can make her mother proud.

I feel so emotional. It makes me want to have my own children one day. With no one other than my Zainy of course. Snap out of it Layla! I mentally hit myself on the head and my eyes land on Noor's mother's photo who is also Azaan's sister.

"Fatima" a whisper escapes out of my mouth. Fatima is Azaan's sister. Allah what have I gotten myself into.

"Does Noor have a nanny that is present in the house right now?" I question or you could say more like I'm demanding towards Azaan.

"Erm.....yeah, but why would you ask me that." he ask looking clueless as if his the king of innocence and no other can be more innocent than him. What an effectless b**** he is. Ya Allah please forgive me for my language, but I have no other words to describe him.

"You know what I'm going to talk about, can not be done infront of Noor. She's an innocent child who can't face what's about to happen."

"Miss Ismail!" Azaan yells for Noor nanny I suppose. His such an actor. He is still acting like a clueless idiot. No matter what I will get my answers today.

What an idiot I was? I always thought that the Fatima he mentioned was someone else. Well of course there are hundreds of people all over the world with the exact same name, how wrong I was.

"Noor's gone now. Speak what do you want to talk about."

"Why, Azaan why did you do it." I rage filling up inside of me.

"What have I done? There is nothing that I'm hiding from you which you have to be upset about."

"Yes, there is." I shouted out angrily smashing a vase nearby. I don't even care how much damage I have done to his property he so deserves it.

"What have I done which is so wrong. Look I know you are a friend, but you can't just go around smashing my things." Azaan says now sounding terrified.

Right he should actually feel that way for what he has done. All this and he doesn't even seem sorry. "I have every right to smash your things, just like you and that bloody sister of yours. She was a blood cheater who betrayed me and your a liar who lied to me! You tricked me into becoming your friend." I shouted my lungs out.

"What have I lied to you about. Huh? No tell me what have I done. Another thing don't you dare call Fatima names. You know nothing about her."

"You lied to me about her. You didn't let me that you are Fatima brother. The same Fatima who distroyed my relationship with my father. Today I can't even go and hug my father because he thinks my guilty of a crime I never commited." I say pointing a finger at him.

"What are you talking about? What did she do?"

"She accused me and told my parents that I'm a prostitute, a call girl." I cry out falling to the floor bringing back memories that were never actually forgotten but they remind at the back of my mind always.

"Your the same Layla, Fatima talked about." Azaan whispers pulling something out of his pocket. "Is this you? Are you the same girl that Fatima spoke about. What you said is prove but I just wanna make sure."

I grabbed the photo out of his hands and look at it. To my surprise it was a photo of myself. But why does Azaan have a photo of when I was younger. Most importantly why does he even have a photo of me.

"Why do you have a photo of me?" I ask regaining myself.

"No, I won't answer that. Not until you first answer my question."

"Fine. That's me yes when I was in grade 8. In South Africa. Why do you have my photo then I demanded. Are you and your sister again planning  conspiracy against me."

"No, are you mad. I clearly remember telling you that Fatima is no more."

"Oh really. Well I must say I believed you at first until I knew that your Fatima and my worse enemy Fatima are the same person."

"I told you already Layla Fatima is really dead and obviously we can't be plotting any conspiracy against you."

"Oh really. If she is dead then you sure can plot a conspiracy against me with Salman. Seriously." I fume with anger. He seriously thinks so high of himself.

"Is your top stairs empty. (is your brain empty). Clearly it is because any normal person would clearly put two and two together. Huh if Salman and I are so wrong. Why would I ask Salman to help you and why would Salman help you. To top it off for free, he even won the case. What more to do want prove of Salman truth and how much he loves you like his own sister. By the way Fatima has left a letter for you read it and then you might believe me. Fatima gave the letter to me when she was on her death bed. For your kind information dieing people never lie." saying this Azaan quickly runs up the stairs and hands over the letter.

"I'm pretty sure you still don't believe me so here is the letter, read it and show your parents. They might forgive you hereafter. It's the truth of what actually happened and reasons why it had to happen." Azaan says and walks away, giving the letter in my hand.

I take the letter and put it in my bag. Unable to read it right now and know that Fatima actually had a very good reason to do what she did. Despite knowing what the reason is my heart won't be able to forgive her.

Whatever she ever did maybe according to Azaan she might have a valid reason. The look in his eyes said that she told him all, but what the reason was is very bad, so bad that he was unable to voice his thoughts.

To say that I actually don't want to believe Azaan would be an understatement. My pain which I had to suffer all these years because of one stupid lie is unbearable.

I order a cab to came and pick me up and I go to my grandparents home.

"Assalaam grandma, grandpa" I greet as I enter inside their house.

"Waslaam" they greet back in union. It seems like they want to say something, but I stop them.

"Grandma, I'm tired now can we please talk later."  saying this I stare at her and she gives me a slight nod.

"You can go and take rest. In any case what I'm was going to say isn't that important for now it can wait."

"Shukran (thank you)" I whisper and run into my room.

I lock my room door and whisper silent cries to Allah (swt) not having enough courage to actually open the letter and read it.

I decided the best way to gain courage is to seek help from Allah (swt) so I perform wud'wu and make two rakaats of Salaat's seeking help.

I don't know when but I soon fall asleep.

A/N

Assalam whose excited to know what actually happened to Fatima which is why she had to do what she did.

I know that Fatima is actually dead, but does she have any right to accuse her friend for whatever reason she may or may not have had?

Please answer some of the questions I have posted.

Please

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

SHARE