Chapter 18

Azaan Pov

Finally this hell of a meeting is over like seriously who the hell tries to fool their their customers. When they find out that they were fooled then, we will be at loss.

Either they won't ever came back or they will file a complaint against my  campany. I had immediately refuse that thought. I am lost in my thoughts when I remember Salman has came to my office and is waiting in my cabin. Yeah your right I was lost in thoughts in the conference room of my office.

I walk back to my cabin and see Salman sitting in my office chair like he owns my office.

"Off my seat!" I said in a commanding tone. We always do this to each other. He quickly gets off the seat, which of course is not usual. He is suppose to start in drama and we are suppose to have a cute debate, but no. Something is dead serious.

"Salman what is it you don't seem yourself today what's the matter. I know you said you want to talk about something serious but this seems over the top." I motioned him to tell me already.

"Azaan your in serious sh*t!" he whisper screamed.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" I screamed in frustration. He then went on to explain everything that happened in his cabin.

"We need to find out if Layla was the one who sent her grandparents to me." Salman says with worry written on his face.

"Honestly I don't think so because she doesn't seem to want a relationship anytime soon."

"You seem to know babhi so well in only a few weeks."

"No, if she didn't say anything then why did her grandparents came to you instead of approaching me. You must have done something."

"No Azaan listen I feel like they consider you, but maybe they though your married because of Noor. You understand what I'm saying nah. Even Layla was asking me why Noor mother never came to see her in the hospital. I never said anything as it's your choice if you want to tell her anything." Salman says in an advising tone, but my mind is loss somewhere.

Like what if Layla is the person who sent her grandparents to Salman.

"Dude, where are you lost." Salman says clicking his fingers infront of my face.

"Salman, I'm gonna die with curiousity."

"What do you mean?" he asks me confused.

"I mean you need to find out if she is was the one to send her parents to you."

"What? How can I do that? What if she was totally clueless about the proposal. Do you want your future wifey to be embarrassed."

"No, but there is no other way to find out the truth. You have to ask her. Are you more worried about your future babhi's embarrassed or your current brother dead. Dude just make it seem less obvious and get the job done." I say in an ordering manner.

"You know if you weren't my friend I would of killed you for making me do this."

"But I'm your friend sadly." I throw a paper weight at his face which he successfully dodges.

He makes a sour face, while I laugh at him.

"By the way when are you going to have the meeting with Layla regarding that mafia case."

"Right now I'm busy with another case and the final hearing is tomorrow, so I'll be calling babhi in three days. Why?"

"That's when your gonna ask her and yeah ask her after your meeting with her is over so yeah, she won't panic that way."

"Yeah, dude"

Layla Pov

I've noticed that from the pass three days my grandparents were quite sad. I need to find out what it is all about. Anyway right now I am on my way to  take a taxi from school and go to Azaan's house. Today I'm determined to get Noor to learn something new. Today I will wake her up even if she is asleep, however I hope I don't have to. Yes you guessed right I never went in the pass three days as I was super busy.

When I get to the door the same maid opens the door for me. She allows me inside as she rememberes me from the previous day.

To my surprise Noor is waiting on in the sitting room with her school bag next to her and her books opened already.

My phone buzzes and I see it's a whatsapp from Azaan.

Azaan: Assalam, I made sure Noor is awake and ready for u, so that u both wouldn't fall asleep waiting for each other 😜

Me: 🙈

I quickly replied and start teaching Noor with her lessons.

She learns quiet fast compared to the 1st grade learners I've tutored before graduating. I'm sure she will be a straight A student. I smile, I have to give Azaan the bright news that his daughter is a fast learner.

Me: I have good news for you. Noor's a fast learner. Ps u don't need to reply I know your busy so don't bother keep working. And yeah before you actually wanna reply please don't cause I'm in a hurry.

Honestly I don't know why I indirectly told him not to message me at any cost. It's just what my heart desires. I know that sometimes your brain can be wrong but your heart is always right. I hope the saying is true.

Suddenly my phone makes a notification sound indicating a message. Didn't I not tell that Azaan child to not message me.

Child like seriously my mind mocks me. What ever?

I walk out of the mansion and hire a cab. I give the address to the driver while I check what Azaan has to say this time despite my protest. Maybe it's important.

Salman: Assalam would it be possible to came to my office now so we could start discussing about the case regarding mafia Zaid. I've recently finished the couple case I was busy with.

Me: Wasalaam yeah I'm in a taxi now just send me the address.

Salman: Tell the driver Salman's lawyer firm.

Me: okay

I told the driver of the changes of address and he agrees. I quickly phone my grandparents to inform them that I'm going to Salman's  campany.