Chapter 22

Layla Pov

We finally won the case and Zaid got a one year jail sentences. I really feel bad that I lied about the part where Zaid raped me. My heart is in great hurt and ache for my own words and actions.

I really can't bare the truth that I actually lied for the first time over something which is not ever worth it.

I should be happy that I sent him to jail, but unfortunately my heart is hurt and filled with pain for this man instead of satification that he got what he deserved.

The most ironic fact is that he didn't once say that he didn't do it. He didn't even have his own lawyer. That mafia gang is super rich. If I say Azaan is a millionaire then in my words he is a billionaire. Despite all that he made practically no case infront of us. If I remember clearly these word Salman Bhai (big brother) words.

"Ever the dumass lawyer who never won a case in his life would have won this one, because Zaid made no efforts from his side nothing at all. He didn't even try defending himself when you put the rape accusation on him. I'm surprised would be an understatement."

These were his exact words. I had taken two hours leave from school to attend this cort hearing. I should be satisfied because things turned out my way and neither did Salman Bhai have to do much effort on my side and I'm glad for it, since I did not pay him.

I should be glad for winning the case however I am glad for everything else, except winning. Maybe it's because somewhere deep down I know what I did was wrong. What's hauting me further is the fact that mafia Zaid didn't even say anything.

Mind: Don't feel pity on him but yourself. Maybe his planning something very serious for you after his jail sentence.

"Ya Allah forgive me for the wrong I've done today. I crave your mercy please bestow it upon me." I beg the all mighty so that Zaid doesn't do anything to me.

Azaan Pov

"Noor, my baby listen here quickly." I call her out to the living room.

"Yes daddy." she asks me in her over dramatic and cute baby voice. I look up from the laptop I have been working from to see she cames hopping and skipping with my neighbour son.

"Darling listern, in the next half hour I'm going to be busy in a conference video call. Which means that I will be in my room busy with a meeting, so what must you do...." I ask questioningly.

She knows what I'm going to say, because whenever she is sick I always take leaves and work from home. This time I had some important meeting which I couldn't reschedule or cancel, but I felt content since Layla said she will be checking on Noor for me. Which is why I never bother when I was busy. I have less work now so I am doing it from home.

"Noor baby please don't disturb me unless it's an emergency. You know daddy will be super angry with you otherwise. If your good and listern then I'll bring your favorite ice-cream from your favorite store." this little devil minmacks my voice, running away with her friend following behind her.

"Came back here you little devil." I shout but she ignores me and runs away. I shake my head in disappointment.

I walk to my room and open my laptop and log in for the meeting. There is still time for the meeting to start so I put the laptop aside and take Fatima photo out of the drawer.

Fatima my baby sister, the other day was the first time I called your daughter my niece, otherwise she was always my own daughter. I don't look at her as your daughter but as my your blood and you know what's the best thing. Layla my future would be wife loves her as her own. Like she is her own daughter and no other could be proven as a better mother for her. Well besides her biological mother which is you of course.

I silently wip my own tears and look to see that it is time to start the meeting. I place Fatima's photo my bedside table and start the meeting. I am a very professional person and never late for anything.

After about an hour the meeting is over and I can finally sigh in content.

"Awe" I yawned as a felt a little sleepy, but instead decided to check on Noor first.

"Noor" I called out. "where are you my child.

"Over here with me." I heard a voice.

Whose me is it a kidnapper. Oh my word. No I'm just being stupid.

"Whose me?" I heard myself questioning in the air.

"Me, as in Layla Khan your two months long friend whose voice I can't believe you forgot."

Oh it's Layla of all people. Right now I feel so dum as a cow. Wait are cows dum or are they smart. Seriously I don't ever know that's makes me illiterate.

"Hey dude where are you so lost." Layla questions waving her hand infront of my face after I reached the living room.

Is it me or is it the first time she seems so excited about something.

"You seem so excited. Something special or maybe someone?" I ask hoping she doesn't reply in someone otherwise my heart would be broken.

"Yes someone...." my heart broke she really likes or maybe loves someone who isn't me.

"Can I ask who?" I say in a grumpy tone.

"Of course you can because your Noor father." I gave her a confused look but she replies with a sweet, yet cute smile. "Actually I gave the class a test to write this morning a unprepared one to see how much they actually studied on their own will. I was free and bored during their interval so I marked their tests and none got more that 50% except Noor. She got 90% for unprepared. That's why I'm so excited."

I look at her she got so excited for something that Noor as in her student got. She would definitely be a great mother for Noor.

"Wow, Noor. You see Miss Khan is happy for you. Are you glad that I made you study every night before bed."

"Yip" she chirps jumping up and down. "I want to tell mummy please can I get her photo, pretty please. Miss Khan daddy always told me I need to study so mummy would be proud." Noor says turning towards Layla.

"You can fetch her photo from my room. It's on the dressing table." I say and Noor rans towards my room to fetch her mother photo.

After a while Noor cames ranning back with Fatima photo in hand.

"Miss Khan isn't my mummy beautiful and very pretty just like you." Noor says showing Layla Fatima's photo frame.

Layla smiles at Noor taking the photo from Noor hand. A shock look crosses her face and she silently whispers "Fatima"

A/N

Assalam everyone another cliffhanger.

What do you think will happen now?

Will Layla forgive him for keeping her in the dark?

Who knows stayed tuned to...
THE UNKNOWN TRUTH.

And please

Votes

Comment

And

Share