60

Jacob POV
The phone call wasn't special, just talked about the facility and how I was doing. I really did appreciate them calling though, the people here are wild sometimes. There's alot of drama for no real reason, like we're in a facility and it's 8 am. At least I made friends with a couple people. They were about my age, give or take a year or two.
"What are you in here for?" One girl I had talked to asked, sitting down across from me with her tray. It was 2 per table even though there were 4 chairs, probably so staff could watch us easier.

"Overdose. And when I went to the hospital they made me come here." I briefly explained, taking apart my bagel.
"Oh, on what?" She asked. Why is it her business? I don't even really remember her name, it's like Reighly or something.
"Coke." I mumbled, opening the peanut butter they gave me and putting it in my bagel.
"Oh, I'm in here cause I beat the shit out of a girl and put her in the hospital." She told me, nonchalantly. I don't believe her, but maybe that's just me. She doesn't look like she'd win the fight. I'm not saying she wouldn't get in them, she'd just lose.
"What's your name again?" I asked. I don't think I've looked at her since she came over, so I went ahead and glanced at her.
"Raygen." She reminded me. I nodded and didn't really say anything else, I don't exactly wanna talk to her.

The majority of the day, she was up my ass and wouldn't leave me alone. Everyone on the unit was going into art therapy, which I had no idea what that was. We all walked into a room with a bunch of round folding tables with folding chairs. Everyone else seemed to already know where they were gonna sit and with who. I didn't get much of a chance to decide where I wanted to sit before the Raygen girl called me over to her table.
"Jacob, come sit with me!" She exclaimed, making me sigh. I glanced around before sitting with her and two other people. In here, you could actually sit 4 to a table.
"That's Jamee," She introduced me to the boy on her left. He had blue eyes and short brown hair that was spiked up, which looked wet. He probably put gel in his hair, which I didn't know they let us have here.

"And that's Serenity." She continued, gesturing to the girl on her right. She had blotchy, dyed purple hair that went down to her collar bones.
"Hey." I mumbled, scratching the inside of my elbow. They greeted me before a girl in the same blue scrubs as the techs had on, walked into the room.
"Good morning! If you guys don't know me, I'm Ms.Carry and this is AT. Today, we're going to be acrylic painting." She started, getting my attention. Maybe this will be fun.
"In just a second I'm going to pass out a paper and a palette of paint for you guys. You're gonna have to share the paint, so please get along." Mrs.Carry said, grabbing a stack of thick paper and handing one to each of us.

I ended up painting a spider, which I think looked okay but it might've been shitty.
"Alright, y'all! Let's get going, gotta get to group." A staff exclaimed, catching everyone's attention. I quickly wrote my name on the bottom of the painting before getting up to help clean.
"My God, that looks so good!" The Raygen girl told me. I hate my painting now, don't even care if it's good or not. I nodded a bit and picked it up, rolling it. We all eventually lined up and went back to the unit, the dayroom specifically, and sat around in the weighted chairs.
"I see some new faces!" A worker exclaimed, walking in after everyone was sitting. I hadn't seen her today yet.

She sat down a good couple feet away from all of us and crossed her legs.
"It's good to meet everyone who's new and for those who don't know, I do group with you guys sometimes. Group is where we go around and talk about daily goals and feelings or about problems we feel there are on the unit." She explained. I'm pretty sure I'm the only new kid, but I think she says 'kids' plural because she doesn't want to single people out. The whole room went around with their feelings, goal for the day, and what they were looking forward to. When it got to me I tried to blend in as much as possible and recycle other peoples answers for what I didnt undertand.
"Um, nervous and my goal is to cope effectively today and I'm looking forward to phone calls." I said, hoping no one looked at me weird. If they did look at me weird, I didn't notice because the next person was speaking almost as soon as I was done with my sentance. But I'm not complaining.