27 | Warren

October 26th, 2023

I pull that paper from my jeans that that stranger gave me so quickly that I don't even have time to reconsider.

Anxiously waiting, I listen to almost every ring before a familiar voice breaks the silence in the bathroom and says, "Hello?"

"This is Rylie, I want to do that article thing."

"You saw the article too?"

"Yes, and I want to let people know how much of a liar he is."

I hear him chuckle, and if I wasn't so pissed right now I might have even found it enticing. But I am pissed, and still mopey about Dylan, so I just wait for him to say something.

"I'll come by tomorrow, we can go over the logistics,"

"Can you come right now?" I ask.

He pauses and I hear a female voice on the other side of the line. "I can come right now, yes."

"Good, I'll send you my mom's condo number."

"Okay, be there in a couple."

I question in my head how he can get here so quickly, but I don't ask. there is only one thing on my mind right now.

Getting the truth about my father into the world.

The stranger-somehow I still haven't caught his name-knocks on the door exactly two minutes later

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The stranger-somehow I still haven't caught his name-knocks on the door exactly two minutes later.

How the hell?

I shake my head as I walk to the door, that's not important right now. What's important is giving him the facts so he can write them for me.

Opening the door for him, I pull a smile onto my lips. I probably looked like a drowned rat right now. I am wearing my favorite ratty sweats and a threadbare hoodie, my hair in a dripping wet messy bun.

I gesture for him to come in, and he does. I close the door behind him and beat him to the kitchen. "This isn't my house, but I'm sure I can find something to drink if you want."

"That's okay, this shouldn't take so long."

I just shrug and grab two wine glasses and a bottle of red.

He chuckles at the two glasses and says, "Trying to get me drunk?"

"I'm sure a glass of wine won't get you drunk." I let my eyes trail up his pretty much giant body.

I pour a glass for myself and say, "You don't have to, but I've had a long day so I'm going to have some. Help yourself when you want some."

He shrugs and pulls out a leather notebook from the messenger bag he brought. He ponders the wine for a second then finally pours himself a small glass and says, "This is good wine, why not."