C34

We arrive at school hours later, the car ride back is silent and boring. No one wants to talk about what happened. I doubt they want to talk at all. If they had just listened to me and just let me go with Damian alone, maybe today might have turned out differently.

The headmaster parks the car in front of the school building and talks for the first time since we've entered the car. "Nate, Jessica, Roman, go get some rest, we'll discuss your detention first thing Monday morning. Damien, Camille, my office Now!"

Oh great! At least I'll get the first scolding.

I open the door and get out. The rest follow after me and I lock gaze with Jessica, her expression is apologetic and I glare in return. She should feel sorry because I really didn't want them to come.

The headmaster heads into the building, forcing me to tear my gaze from her and go after the headmaster. The three of us walk in silence as we approach his office.

"How do you even know where we were?" I ask out of curiosity as soon as we step into his office.

"Roman told me. You didn't think I'd let four teenagers go on a road trip alone." He scoffs and glares at me. "What were you thinking? You could have been hurt, worse you could have been killed." Okay, I'm having a feeling that he isn't entirely cool with what I did.

"We are still alive, thanks to Roman and his big mouth." I give him a fake smile. I'm hungry and so exhausted, I barely slept last night because I was anxious to go on a trip with Damian.

The headmaster doesn't find it amusing. He slams his hands on his desk. "I'm serious. You don't just make decisions on your own and go joyriding with your friends."

"It was meant to be just Damian and I only," I try to explain, looking over to Damian for some kind of support. He is sitting quietly on the small sofa, looking calm as usual.

Headmaster Wallace sighs and turns to Damian. "And you? What were you thinking? You should know better than that. I told you to stay away from her–" I cut him off before he finishes the sentence.

What the hell?

"You can't just tell him to stay away from me when he is the only one willing to help me."

Who the hell does he think he is, telling Damian to stay away from me?

"Help you? Help you with what. You are fine, you don't need any help," he tells me.

I shake my head and raise my finger up. "Don't do that. Don't. Do. That. Stop pretending like everything’s okay, you know nothing is okay. My parents are out there somewhere, everyone else thinks I'm dead, and there are my new found powers, my tattoo and the sword, I can't even concentrate on my school work because I'm too busy figuring shit out myself–"

"What sword?" He interrupts me.

"Huh?" I play dumb because if I tell him about the sword, he'll know I went to the library.

He rounds his desk and stands in front of me. "What sword, Camille?"

"It's Cami." I say with a nervous laugh.

"Answer the question. What sword?"

"The Elsword." Damian answers.

The Headmaster and I turn our head to his direction. The headmaster looks pissed at his answer. "You took her to the mansion." He accuses.

"He didn't take me, I sort of portaled there."

He snaps his eyes to me. "What do you mean you portaled there?"

"This should be good." Damian murmurs and closes his eyes.

"Just know that I had no idea what I was doing," I pause when the headmaster cock his eyebrows, obviously not believing me. "Okay, I knew what I was doing. I was just taking a stroll around the library and saw the 'do not' cross sign, you could use little work with the decorations. Anyway, I pass the boundary spell and bang! the door appears from behind the romance shelf and I entered against my better judgement and bang again! I was there at your mansion."