C27

It weird being back here. The thought crosses my mind as I step into the library. It's silent just like every other time I've been here, it's like no one uses the library these days. That or because of what's happening tonight even the librarian isn't here, which is a good thing because I intend to go to the last place I was before that monster jumped me.

The direction to the shelf is living rent free in my head. I tighten my hold on my bag and walk towards the place. My fingers dig into the material of the bag is made of as my eyes connects with the shelf, which is now being dubbed restricted. There a red ribbon that goes from wall to wall and a do-not cross sign hang at the middle of the ribbon.

Having always been curious about this shelf, apart from the whole romance novels stuff, something doesn't seem right about it and I'm going to find it out, and I won't let a ribbon that's screaming cut-me stop me. I move closer and collide with an invisible force field, which I know is a boundary spell.

Okay, here are things I know about boundary spells. First, if it is created by the Gemini witches, I can never break it. And second, if it was anyone other than the Gemini witches, it means there's a line somewhere that houses the spell and my best guess is the ribbon. I can't conclude on something with testing it, so I'm going to prove my point.

I stare at my hand and the rope. It's going to hurt, I know but I have to know for sure. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I reach to touch the ribbon but before I touch, the spell ribbon reacts as it ripples and burning my fingers in process. I groan and pull back, bringing my hand to my mouth to blow air but I don't get to blow as the bruise heal, leaving my finger the way they were like they were never smoked.

This is the second time this has happened. I thought I got lucky when my wound healed itself after I've been stabbed with a rod but it's not luck. I can heal myself.

Wait... I can heal myself. Which means I can pass through the boundary and heal afterwards.

Are you willing to go through the pain? Is the shelf worth it? My subconscious ask in my head. I mean, I have to try, right? But my subconscious is right I can't risk it. What if I never don't survive?

Oh shit, I can't do it. I have to find another way.

I can't ask Nate for help because he's getting ready for tonight and I know how much he likes Jessica, he'll want it to be perfect and giving the experience we had the last he tried to help me, I doubt he'll agree.

I can't go to Roman because I don't want to deal with Penelope, they've been attached by the hip since we came back from saving Jessica.

Think. Think, think, think, think. I can try setting a fire. God no, I'll destroy school property and the headmaster will be on my ass for the rest of my life.

I begin to pace as I think about what to do. "What can I do?" There has to be something. There has to be–

I hear the snap of the ribbon. Looking back, I notice the ribbon has been cut. "Who is there?" I ask. I know for certain that there's no way the ribbon could have cut by itself. I didn't hear any sound but I know I'm not alone here. "Hello! Is there anyone here?"

I look around but find no one, well, I'll take the opportunity that presented itself to me.

I sigh and walk through the broken boundary. I glance back to see the ribbon connect together making it whole again. "No!" I rush, thinking I can slide out before the boundary becomes whole again but it's too late. "Fuck!" I slap my hands on the invisible boundary. "Shit!" I'm locked in.