C12

"Why did you block my number then?" Jessie asks once we find ourselves away from our classmates and head to the cafeteria to get some popcorn and juice. I let Jessica do everything because I'm hiding from everyone including Elaine, my least favorite server.

I've never had the pleasure or chance of watching the game because I hate it, but today I want to see what all the fuss is about. Jessica hands me my popcorn and juice before hooking her arms with mine and practically drags me to the field. I want to tell her that I actually want to watch the game but I doubt she'll believe. She probably has lots of questions and the only way to get me to answer is by taking me somewhere we're alone. I, too have questions for her but it's going to have to wait until we've clear whatever it is we have left on ground.

The other side of the field is empty, I guess because no one really cares about a charity game except the people they're doing it for. Jessica finds us a place to sit under an empty bleacher where we can watch the game and see the other students at the opposite side of the field without them noticing us. I take my seat on the ground, crisscrossing my legs and dropping my popcorn and juice on my leg. My eye drifts pass the field in a swift moment and I know everything it is to know about both teams. The Vale sucks and Roman is a complete useless quarterback. I think they aren't taking it seriously because it's for charity and it doesn't matter if they win or not.

"So are we going to talk about what happened?" Jessica's voice pulls me out of my thought.

I look away from Xander charging like a bull to Jessica, who's just about to pop some popcorn into her mouth. "Huh?" I decide to play dumb, that will give me an headstart on the lies I want to tell her. The truth is I'm not even sure what to tell her, I'm so confused as it is because my former friends were horrible to me and everything we did, we did together. So why is Jessica here under the bleachers with me instead of cheering from the sidelines?

The lady in question frowns at me and drops the popcorn back inside the bowl. "Really? Are you really going pretend as if you didn't hear what I said?"

It's official, Jessica sounds angry and I mean really angry. I've never heard her use that tone on me or anyone before. I look at her eyes and I see hurt flashes through them.

"Okay, I'm sorry. My parents are going away on a year long vacation and they don't trust me to stay home alone. My mom's friends with the headmaster, so she thinks she would be best if I stayed at The Vale."

That's the best I can come up with, a lie. It's easier than actually telling her the truth. What is the truth anyway? I go to supernatural school filled with witches and I think I might be a part witch and something else or at least that's what the headmaster told me. I've been in that environment for two full weeks and it still feels like I'm in a dream. I did magic with Roman. I did with the headmaster but I'm not convinced that the school is real. I mean, how can I? My parents clearly thinks they dump me in a reformed school.

Speaking of my parents, I haven't heard from them. My dad called and texted the first week and then bang, nothing. Mom didn't bother to reach out and I completely understand why, she's still mad at me but dad, I... I haven't returned his calls and texts, but it's just been two weeks, I'm still adjusting and he stopped reaching out. Does that mean they finally realized how much work I am and they're ready to let me go? Because there has to be some perfectly good explanation for why they haven't bothered to reach out. I'll probably call dad when I get back to my room. The headmaster has this rules where we can't use our phones during school hours and yet wifi is free.