C19

"And where the hell do you think you are going?" The headmaster asks as I step into the hall with my backpack. I know it's not wise what I'm doing, leaving in the middle of all this but I need to leave this place and find Jessica somehow.

I ignore him and hasten my pace. "Do you even know where you are going?" He asks again and I can feel him right behind me.

Great question, Headmaster. I have absolutely no idea where I'm going. I have no clue where to start my search for Jessica and I'm not sure I want dive into that. The Theo guy doesn't seem like someone I want to mess with, the look on Jessica's face when he had her under compulsion is one I will never forget, how lifeless she looked.

I shrug, adjusting my backpack. "Away from all of you and I'm going to find her." I tell him, not stopping.

"Before you make the decision, come with me, I have something to show you." He says.

Yeah right.

"Just leave me alone, Headmaster Wallace." I mock.

I stop abruptly when Roman suddenly appears in front of me. I scoff and look behind me to see the headmaster and Nate. "Ganging up on me?" I roll my eyes.

"No, Cams. You know I care about her too but listen to what Headmaster Wallace has to say." Nate chirps in. I'm sure that's the main reason he is here, to cajole me. And he doesn't care about her, he has only seen her once before today.

I close my eyes and sigh. "Five minutes and then I'm out." might as well hear what they have to say.

The Headmaster nods in agreement.

"Before you go, I want you to know that I'm very sorry for what happened earlier," he tells me in his most sincere tone. "And also for your friend."

I give him a curd nod and follow Nate to his office. I toss my backpack on one of accent chair in his office and take a seat on his desk. Nate and Roman goes to coffee table and roll out a map.

"I'm going trying finding her through location spell." Roman says and gets to work.

"Who is that man and what does he want with Jessica?" I ask curiously.

I haven't really had time to think about it since it happened. I'm still trying to process it.

"Your friend is a sage." The headmaster confirms.

"Is the meaning of my sage the same as yours?"

"A wise person or spiritual teacher, a stoic philosopher." That’s the highlight definition of a sage.

"Okay, so how is Jessica a sage? She's not even a-" I cut myself off when everything started to make sense.

I remember the first time we met. It was the first day of sixth grade, my parents and I just moved from Manhattan and I was the new kid. Some kids were trying to bully me, classy first day move in school but Jessica stood up for me, and to this day I never knew why and I never asked. We became quick friends and she inspired me to be tough.

She never seemed like she's different. Definitely doesn't look like a sage. Wait... Does she know? Is that why she wanted to come here?