Surgery

The doctor comes back in.
"The surgery will take 30-45 minutes."
"Okay. See you soon Blake." Emma kisses my cheek.
"Good luck. See you soon." Jenna kisses my head.
I hold Dusk and wave to Jenmma as the dr wheels me to the surgery room. He walks in and then helps me onto the other bed. I see a bunch of doctors and feel nervous. Deep breaths, hug Dusk.
"We'll put the mask on you. I need you to count backwards from 10 for me."
"Okay." he puts the mask on me, "10... 9... 8... 7...... 6........ 5....... 4..............."
I let darkness overcome me. The last thing i hear...
"Great. Usually works at 7 but okay lets get started." Dr Jonathan.

<timeskip (50 mins)>

I wiggle a bit and try to wake up. No go. Try again. My eyes open slowly and i gasp a bit. Suprising myself and the people around me.
"H.. Hey gu.. Guys." i stutter, my throat hurts a lot.
"Blake! How do you feel?" i hear Millie.
"Mills?" she confirms. "Achy. My throat kills though."
"The nurse just gave you some pain meds so they'll kick in soon. Jenmma? Yous okay?" Mills talks.
"Uh oh ohh! Yeah. Blake hi. Want help to sit up?" Emma.
"Please. I feel dizzy lying so flat." I am honest.
Emma puts her hands in my armpits and pulls me up to a sitting position whilst Mills moved the bed up so i can lean on it.
"Ah damm. That hurt a lil."
"Sorry!" Emma apologises.
"Is Jenna okay?"i ask cautiously, aware she hasn't talked yet.
"Um well... Debateable as you say. Your dr will be here soon." Mills.
"Jenna?" i try to get her attention. Fail. "What happened?"
"She won't talk. All i know is 10 minutes after you went into surgery she got a text and then... This." Emma explains sadly.
"Can you put her next to me? I think i can help."
Emma picks Jenna up carefully and places her on the bed next to me. I wrap my arms around her, cautious of my wound.
"Hey Jens? It's me Blake. Are you okay? What happened?" i whisper in her ear.
She shivers, blinks and sqeezes my hand in a pattern. I repeat the pattern. She looks to me.
Her jaw drops a bit as she whispers, "Blake?"
"Hey Jens." i smile at her.
She hugs me tightly. "Careful careful!" i warn her.
"Oh sorry. I- oh dam. I feel terrible." we continue to whisper.
"Tell me."
"I- i got at text. From my... My dad." Jenna says slowly. She passes me her phone.
She unlocks it and i go to messages. I click on the most recent.

'Bio dad'
'Listen here you ****, no-one loves you. People only pretend to care coz they pity ugly girls like you. Especially if they're gay. You and everyone you love will burn in Hell for all eternity. I will make sure of it. Unless you get a boyfriend who keeps you in your place. But no boy will ever want a ******* **** like you. This is real world not fantasy. Girls don't love girls like you. You will be alone forever. **** ****** ******.'
'I know youre at the hospital. I will end you.'

"Damm. C'mere. I got you." i sqeeze her affectionattely.
I subtly pass the phone to Emma so she knows what happened. I feel my skin get wet.
"There there. I got you Jenna. Just let it out. You're safe." i rub her back.
She starts sobbing so sadly my heart litreally broke in half. Poor girl. I accidentally let a tear of two slip but no-one notices so i hug Jenna soothingly. Emma soon joins in on the hug- having got over the shock. Millie grabs Jenna's hand- showing 'hey i'm here and i care too' which is very sweet. The doc walks in.
"My apologisies. I will come back later." he leaves.
I just continue to comfort Jenna as does Emma, and Millie a bit. Jenna then pulls away a little.
"You okay?" i ask her kindly.
She shakes her head, "I don't want him to hurt yous..."
"He won't. I know Ju-jitsu remember. And Emma went to werewolf camp- she can do epic stuff. And you? You-Jenna have been in that many movies and series, you can most definetely protect yourself and others." i encourage.
"And we will tell the police." Emma adds.
"Yeah we'll do that too."
"What about night? When we sleep?" Jenna gets nervous. I can tell something happened. I squeeze her hand in a pattern.
"I gotta go to the toilet! And get snacks! Bye!" Mills leaves.
"We will lock the doors and windows. And cuddle so we're extra safe." Emma assures.
"He... He won't give up. He got through locked doors and windows easily... That- thats how i- i got... Thi- this..." Jenna points to a scar on her throat.
I squeeze the patterns again, "He tried to kill you? By cutting your throat?"
Jenna nodds, sad and ashamed. "The only reason i'm still here is coz i woke up. I watched a horror movie that night, the one my family wouldn't let me. I had a nightmare so i woke and screamed. Then i saw him with a knife to my throat."
"I'm glad you watched that movie and woke up. Otherwise i would've never met you. And found out how amazing, talented, kind, caring, gorgeous and just you, you are." i smile and my cheeks go a light pink, as do Jenna's.
"I agree. Now i'll get the dr and explain the situation. Then he'll tell us about Blake's surgery. Okay?" Emma leaves the hug.
"Be quick." Jenna says, worrying.
"I promise i will." Emma leaves the room.
"You're beautiful. You know that?"
"Really?"
"Yeah. Absolutely stunning. Your freckles are cute."
"You think so?"
"I do. Emma does too. I also know being part of the rainbow, is something to be proud of."
We smile and hug each other for a bit and then Emma leads Dr Adam in. I ain't seen him in a while.
"May i read the text? I need evedince."
Jenna unlocks her phone, i grab it off her so she can't see the text. I hand it to the doc. He nodds as he reads it. Adam then takes a photo of it with his phone for evedince.
"I'll post a security guard at the door." his phone rings.