Support System

I try to calm down and it works a bit but not loads. I can breathe now so that's good. But that's the only change.
"Do you want skin-to-skin contact? Will that help?" Ems asks kindly.
I just nodd, my crying to severe for me to even try to speak. Ems pulls away from the hug and takes her top off. Jenna does the same then they get my top off me. They don't even care that they're not wearing bras. They hug me again and they pull our tops over us like a blanket. My crying starts to ease as i relax, feeling their skin on mine. None of us talk for a while, we just hug. I am also pretty certain that this helps them too, not just me. Jenna starts to play with my hair- a habit she developed- and Emma kisses my forehead. We continue to hug silently. My crying stopps and the tears stop falling. I don't move however, and they don't either.
"Thank yous." i whisper in a breath.
"What for, cub?" Emma asks also whispering.
"Just... Everything. Especially for being here, with me and loving me." i explain.
"Of course. We both benefit from you too, you know?" Jenna focuses on my hair.
"Yeah. I figured." then i add, "Sorry to ruin the mood. I thought i'd tell yous that i'm visiting my brother tomorrow."
"That's okay. Are you sure?"
"You don't have too if you don't feel ready."
"I'm sure. I need to see him. For closure." i insist, getting quieter with each sentence.
"Do you wanna let Millie know... About your sister?" They both ask, one part each.
"Yeah, i should. I also have to edit a drawing i made." i pull away from the hug and grab my phone.
They both pull me back into the hug gently whilst i call my best friend.

"Blake? Hey!" Mills sounds happy.
I loose my happy smile and it turns to a sad one. "Hey Millie."
"What's wrong?" she asks immediately.
I take a deep breath and sigh, "I need to edit that art you took a photo of."
"..." she stays quiet, waiting for me to continue.
"My sister visited Eli earlier today. The prison called me and told me that he... He killed her..." i say quietly.
Millie takes a moment, "I'm so so sorry Blake. Do you want or need me to come over?"
I ask her to wait a sec. I ask my girlfriends if they're okay with Millie coming. They agreed that she should come. I double checked but they just talked into my phone.
"Yeah Millie, hi. Please come over, Blake needs you too." Jens says.
"Yeah, hi. Blake does need you. Please come if you can." Emma agrees.
I take my phone back, "Yeah could you come?"
"I'm on my way. What room are yous in?" she asks rushed.
I tell her the room number as i hear an engine start. She hangs up.

"Thanks. I love yous." i say quietly then go to the bathroom.
I sit on the toilet seat and just...be. My phone rings.

I answer it without checking who it is.
"Hello?" i sound exhausted.
"Um hey, hi. Is this Layla's sister?"
"Are you her boyfriend? I'm Blake."
"Yeah, we are actually engaged. Do you know where she is? She's not answering and we were supposed to meet hours ago..."
A quiet sobb escapes my lips, "You- you were engaged? Oh my god."
"What- What do you mean!?" he gets anxious.
"I- oh god. Third time in the span of the morning. Oh god... I- no i'm sorry i can't..." i collapse into a ball as cries wreak havoc in my body once again.
"Blake? Blake please... What happened?" he beggs me to tell him.
I calm my cries forcefully, "What's your name?"
"Andy. Didn't she mention me?"
"Yeah but not your name. I- your not busy are you?" i shove my sobbs down but can't stop the tears.
"I was waiting for your sister but i guess i'm not... You wanna meet up?" he sounds so sad.
I give him the hotel name and room number. I also told him that there'll be 3 other people with us. He accepted and hung up.

After a few minutes-maybe- i go back to the main room. My girlfriends are now wearing bras and tops. I grab a top and chuck it on carelessly. Theres a knock at the door.
"I'll get it." i walk in that direction.
I open the door and get pulled into a hug. Millie. I just stand there and let her. She goes to sit with my girls and i wait at the door. I saw a familiar man walking this way that's why.
"Uh... Blake?" the man asks nervously.
"Andy?" i check.
He nodds so i let him in. He is my sisters type. I lead him to the main room slowly and hope they don't ask me about him. I decide to sit on the floor where there is more space. Everyone looks at me but joins anyways.
"This is Andy. My sister's boyfriend and i just found out they were engaged." i say quietly.
He smiles and waves nervously but sits next to me and Mills.
"I'm Millie. Blake's best friend. Those two are her girlfriends. Jenna and Emma." Mills explains to him.
"Thanks. Nice to meet you. So uh Blake? What happened to Layla?" he turns to me.
My vision gets blurry and tears fall, "Eli killed her earlier today when she was visiting."
My body shakes as more sobbs escape me. I hear Andy break down too. He hugs me the same way my sister did... We cry holding each other. We both knew her better than anyone else here, that's why we need each other. The girls seem to understand that and back away a bit. I pull back after a few more sobbs.
"I appreciate you telling me in person. Thank you." he smiles at me whilst his tears continue to fall.
I nodd and try to relax my sobbs. It works a bit. Yeay.
"I couldn't bare to do it over the phone after hearing how sad you sounded just with the fact she was a no show." i admit with little breaks to breathe.
"Thank you. I'm so sorry this happened. The world just hasn't gave you a break this month." he rubs my shoulder sadly.
"You don't know the half of it." Millie says suddenly and sadly.
"Why-" i sigh, "Why does the world hate me?"
Everyone is quiet. They have no answer. I don't sobb but i do cry more.
"Why do i deserve this?" i ask quietly.
They just look sad but Millie breaks the silence.
"Blake you can't think like that. You'll end up in serious trouble and i don't want you dead. So please don't think like that." she beggs me.
"Millie i've gone to Hell a million times in my short life and that was before i was a teen. If i was suicidal don't you think i would already be dead? Plus i can't die, i have yous all." i say with no emotion but the tears fall.
"Was that when you were kidnapped? Your sister used to have nightmares about what could've happened to you when they had you. She said it was pointless to live without you..." Andy responds first.
"She- she said that?" i ask as more tears fall.
He just nodds and keeps his hand on my shoulder. The sobbs erupt like a volcano. My sister's fiancé pulls me in for a hug. He holds me as i cry and he talks about the good times with Layla. That helps suprisingly. Millie adds some of her memories to the pile. We always hung out so she saw my sister quite a lot but she just didn't know her well. My sobbs ease to sniffles and i pull away from the hug. I start to remember some good times i had with Layla and i share.
"I was 16, she was 19. We were having a girls night. Layla did my nails and make up then i did hers while we talked about what sisters do. She was crushing on him big time and i just had my heart broken. After we finished we had a mini fashion show and it was so much fun. Defenitely a sister thing." i share one of my fondest memories.
"That sounds like it was amazing." Andy smiles warmly at me.
I just nodd and watch the memory play. We were so happy then. Eli walked in on us and joined for a little bit before going to bed. Mam and dad did the same. Dad had the best model walk! Mam just loved seeing us all happy. My sister and i were close that day, we were close with all my blood family that day. A sole tear drips down my cheek, bringing my back to reality. There is a sad smile on my face.
"I gotta run. Thanks for this! Text or call me anytime. Bye!" Andy leaves after giving me his number.
That only took a few hours so we have the evening to ourselves. I grab my bag that has my sketchbook in and go to the table. Millie follows after telling the celebs to stay there. I flick from the back to front to find the page. There it is. I add 'sister' to it sadly.

It looks like that except with sister on too. The pink is actually red and the white is black but it looks really good and sad. The drawings are all grey in pencil. That is my next song cover. I signed it too. Millie took a photo of this one and sent it straight to her manager. The manager sent it back in a video with my song and the music attached. Mills sends it to me. I put my sketchbook away and the pencils too.
"You did your real one?" Mills realises, shocked.
"I wanna give the fans a clue of who i am before the reveal." i whisper in response.
She accepts my logic then says she has to go too. We all wave her out and i go sit with the actresses.
"You wanna know that secret i promised to tell yous?" i ask.
"Yeah!" they both agree.
"Soon." i promise again. "Just don't say anything, okay? I need to check this is right."
I tell them. They agree silently so i play the track Mills sent me. I don't look at them i just listen to my voice and the music. Thankfully it's just as i want it. They stay quiet as they agreed to. I post it on Jess Glynne youtube account with the title.
"Broken - Jess Glynne
In loving memory of my mam, dad and sister who all died this month."
Then i watch as the views and likes flood in faster than a tsunami. The comments stack up fast too. The majority are all positive; some saying how great i am, some saying sorry about my loss and thing like that. There are the rare few that are negative, i pay no mind to them. Only one person sees my signature and comments about it. So i give them a hand and like their comment, i also pin it. Then the other two's phones start going off like mad. I look to them confuzzled.
"Thank you." i say then ask, "What has yous so popular?"
"It's the cast. Check the groupchat." Ems tells me.
"So wait... Was this your way of telling us that you are Jess Glynne?" Jenna figures out.
"Bravo. Yes it was. I'm gonna do a livestream on Thursday to reveal myself to the public." i explain whilst switching apps.
I go off youtube and go to whatsapp where the chat is. I open it and woah. I did not know Jess Glynne was worldwide famous! The cast is obsessed with her/me! This is gonna be so awkward.
"Don't tell them." i command my gfs.
"We won't. Coz your going to. On Thursday. Like the song." Ems smiles widely at me.
I clap sarcastically but my smile is real.
"That makes so much sense! But why hide it?"
"I dunno." i pause, "There's only 5 people in the whole entire world who know who Jess Glynne really is."
"Really!? Who?" Ems gets excited.
"Well you two. Me. Millie. And her manager."
"That's why only Millie had collabs with you! What stuff did they help with?"
"The music for my lyrics is what Millie did. Her manager took me on and helped me with getting an audience, setting up a channel, how and when to post songs, stuff like that."
"So you wrote the songs all be yourself? And sung them when you weren't collabing?"
"Yeah. I even have a secret music studio."
"That's iconic." Jens adds to the convo.
It was only me and Ems talking but now Jens joined i feel better. I nodd to her and smile. Emma was the one who hooked and unhooked me for my feeds all today because i was too busy crying basically. I did this one though. I hook myself up and feel the formula enter my stomach. It does feel a lot more natural now. It should even be healed not this week but during the week after that.
"Well done!" Ems admires.
I smile and nodd.
"We love you. You know that, right?" Jens pulls me into her.
I stay silent but enjoy the hug.
"Blake? You know we love you, right?" Ems scoots over to us.
Silence over takes me. Emma and Jenna hug me tightly. They keep whispering little things that mean so much to me. It's too much. The sobbs erupt and my girlfriends are very confused.
"I love yous so sooo much." i say as my sobbs stop.
"Why the tears, cub?" Jens asks me whilst kissing my cheek.
I blush a bit as i reply, "My emotions are just overwhelming."
"Is that it hm?" Emma teases a little.
I nodd as my cheeks go redder.
"You are so cute when you blush!" Ems adds.
Jenmma giggle as i blush more. I smile too.

"We're your support system." Emma smiles.
"Support system? Yeah, i like that. And i'm yours."
"Yes, you are. Now lets sleep. Big day tomorrow." Jenna smiles warmly.
"It is. I just need a favour..?"
"What's up?"
"Whatever you need."
"Can yous come with me but wait elsewhere while i talk to him? I'll need yous both before and after... Please?"
"Of course, Blakey. We were coming anyways unless you told us not too." Jens kisses my cheek.
Emma nodds, sensing i want to say something... maybe.
I take a deep breath, "Do you wanna talk about what's bothering you? We're both here for you, Jens."
Emma smiles at me proudly as she pulls our girlfriend across us both. Jenna relaxes into Emma's chest and i rest my arms on her legs. I hold her hand to comfort us both.
Jenna looks hesitant, "Umm... Are you sure?"
"Yeah. A problem shared is a problem halved- or in this case thirded." i smile, reassurance.
"I agree."