Ch. 6 || Terms & Conditions

Damien 🥀

Have you ever had a feeling of an impending doom making its way towards you... but you can't move from your place?

Because that's what I feel about the woman sitting in front of me.

She...she's like a drug. You're addicted to it in the most unhealthy way until it consumes you, destroys you and breaks you into pieces that'll stab into your own wound.

Whenever I see Zaria Williams, a small part of me wants to feel that devastation and another selfish part of me wants her to feel the same until she's craving only me.

I want her to crave me so that her soul will be devastated and shattered into a million pieces.

I'm not planning to form an attachment with her, especially not when this marriage is only for our mutually beneficial reasons.

The marriage whose stipulations we are discussing in my office right now.

I stand up from my seat and turn towards the window.

"I assume you're aware of the situation and what you're getting yourself into by marrying me" I say in a calm voice.

"I am aware" Her voice is firm.

"I'd like to sign an agreement with you" I turn and walk towards my table's drawer.

Her brows frowned in confused expression.

"As you already know, this is not a normal marriage. There will be terms & conditions in this marriage and as a businessman, I prefer everything done in a professional manner."

I draw out and put the thin file on the table in front of her. I already had my lawyer make this contract when she called me that night.

It has all the instructions and empty 'fill in the blanks' sections for rules from both sides.

"Is it necessary?" Her eyes widened and she looked at me with disbelief.

"Yes. It's better if we set boundaries for ourselves and stay clear with our intentions from the very start"

I don't want to give her any false hope of having a fairy tale marriage. She'll do that on her own.

And there is no way I am getting into this without a written agreement. Her being the sister of my most trusted and efficient ally doesn't change the fact that her trustworthiness is still in question.

She has made no effort to hide that her loyalty lies with her sister, not me. And I am not taking any chances. I can't risk anything.

"You just need to fill your rules in that empty section and I'll fill mine after you"

She responds with a gentle nod as she picks up the pen and begins writing.

With her head down - focused - she can't see me staring at her.

Beautiful long lashes and red lips with light tanned skin. Waist length black hair. Her face is so elegant one wishes to keep only for their eyes.

Zaria Williams is a sight to behold. I wonder if she knows how many lives she has destroyed.

For unknown reasons, I feel like she's a hidden part of me that I'm unaware of and unable to find.

It's a paradox I have never felt. All because of the woman in front of who is biting her lip in concentration, one action that jolts me in a way never before.

And I hate it, I hate and disgust how she's evoking things inside of me that I didn't know existed.

She closes the pen, indicating she's done.