Ch. 4 || Fear

Damien 🥀

⚠️ Trigger Warning -
Mention Of Rape.

The driver held the door open for me. My steps were heavy and intimidating as I stepped outside. Cold air of the night brushed on my skin. I placed my hands in the heavy trench coat. Men around showed me respect by bowing down their heads. Ignoring them, I kept my walk straight. High profile businessman, politicians and many other social elitists are welcoming me in the gentlemen's club.

A big welcoming smile on everyone's faces but pure fear and terror in their eyes for me. Their bodies tensed, scared to even breathe the wrong way in my presence. I didn't show any emotions on my face but it feels good to have this kind of power and fear over the world.

Some women gave me suggestive winks but I'm not here to entertain them. After entering the club, I started towards the booth where Yves Blanchet sat with his other work colleagues. They immediately stood up in respect with tensed muscles and approached me to sit. As they should.

Yves Blanchet is the CEO of the De monte fashion brand. De monte has been a very successful brand for the past 10 years.
But as the competition in the market rose, it started to skip out of their tracks.
Now, they want me to hold their brand as my subsidiary to protect themselves.

The Achlys group has been ruling the business industry for the past 90 years and has been in Erik's bloodline since my great grandfather.

I don't see the potential in De monte that will keep up with the high expectations of The Achlys Group.

"Thank you for coming here on my request. Is there anything I can do to please you?" Yves beamed. Trying hard to impress me.

He ordered whisky from the butler. I might as well take my time and relax a little. High dark brown panelled walls and peach coloured ceilings with golden chandeliers and a bar to one side of the club where the casino is, the club is very exclusive. Scent of smoke and alcohol mingled in the air as music tuned in.

"Let’s get straight to the topic, shall we? What do you need from me?" I asked in a cold voice. The way I say it has him looking down and hesitating.

"Umm..I-I’m sorry. My company needs help, if you take it under your name, it can again boost the stocks and rock the market." Yves tried to convince.

The waitress serves our drinks and I take a few sips before announcing my decision that was already decided before his pathetic pitch.

"My decision has already been made." I adjust my cufflinks. My standards are high and I'm strict and scrupulous about work, and I don't see DeMonte fulfilling the requirements.

I stand up and the whole room follows, no one moving an inch before me.

"Your deal is good, but I have higher expectations from my brands and yours doesn't fit. Now if you'll excuse me" I start to move out of the booth. Not slightly interested to be in his company.

"Please Mr. Erik, give us a chance. I'll go bankrupt." Yves begs. Pathetic.

De monte brand's end is near. Yves unknowingly triggered a man who destroyed De monte by revealing their disgusting secrets to the media. Investors, shareholders and creditors started pulling their money as the news broke out.

I turned to him. "Do you know who is behind your downfall?" I ask him with a hint of mockery in my tone. "Me, Yves. You ignited a fire and got yourself burned in it. Do you really think I would save you?"

His eyes widen, sweat accumulates on his forehead and his body freezes. Other men in the room slightly gasped in shock.

And I'm not done with him yet. He will lose everything he cares for. Once I catch his partner Ralph, I'll give a slow death to both of them.

He didn't listen when those little girls screamed and begged him to stop when he was raping them, so why would I let this pathetic man live in peace.

I allow him to see the wrath on my face that I'm carrying with me.

"Wh-what-t, wh-yy?" he falters. I ignore him and leave the club.

Destroying his brand was just a warning to his partner. A little message that I'm coming after him as well. Both will die a torturous death.

"deshacerse de él" ( get rid of him )
I whisper to my man before stepping out of the gentlemen's club.

I sit inside my Rolls Royce Phantom, my signature customised car. One of a kind.

The driver drove the car, passing through the lights of the club area to a dark highway. I pulled my phone out to make a call but my attention was caught by the one particular number which called me last night.

I don't understand what kind of human she is. I hate her, if she weren't in the world, my teenage years would have been spent in peace.

But last night when I saw her for the first time, something in me kicked back to life. I don't know what that was but I know for the fact that the heart she has turned to ice won't ever feel warm again.

I may be burning in vengeance but my iced heart will forever remain frozen.