Ch. 29 || Sleeping Beauty

Damien 🥀

Soft skin. Mesmerizing looks. A true Sleeping Beauty. I've been staring at my sleeping wife for the past 30 min. Ever since I woke up, I haven't moved an inch, feeling a little too comfortable in her embrace.

Even in her sleep, she held me tight by her arm spreading over my chest and her leg cuddling into mine, her sleepy head resting on my shoulder.

The breeze burst past the white wavering curtain and blew her hair. I gently brushed her hair off her face with the back of my fingers. Adoring her.

She is a beautiful symphony in the middle of my chaos. I don't have a soul inside of me because it's lost somewhere within her. I've carved her name on my bloodied heart. There's nothing in me that's my own, my wife is everywhere and my everything.

She showed a sinner like me what heaven looks like, because I'll never get the honour to go there. but now, I have found it within her.

Her eyes twitched as she squirmed. I immediately laid my head back and closed my eyes shut, pretending to be asleep. After a few seconds, she relaxed. I could feel her hand going up to support her chin to prop up on her elbow. Her free hand moved up my arm, her fingers gently brushing against my tattoos as if she's studying them.

Her fingers brushed on my snake tattoo which is designed to wrap around my arm from wrist to my shoulder. Then on the black ink tattoos painting the skin in various designs and arts of mythological creatures and old Greek verses. She tried to read them but they are written in really ancient language.

A language which existed in our past life. I wonder if Thora can read it.

"Do you realise how adorable you're looking?" I spoke as I opened my eyes and wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her closer on me.

Her cheeks turned red. Fuck. I'm ruined.

"Were you awake?" She asked surprised.

"I am now." A soft smile threatening to break free on my face.

I hold tight on her in the fear she'll vanish if I let go of her.

My gaze fell onto her lips. She bit her bottom lip when she noticed where my focus was. She moved to get away but her leg brushed against my hard bulge in the process. She shot her eyes at me in disbelief and shyness.

She is feeding the animal inside of me more and more. Still, hunger never fulfils. Groaning, I attempted to kiss her but she backed away and sat at the edge.

"Let me get rid of this morning breath first." She said with a big smile and hurried towards the restroom.

I laughed seeing her only wearing the white underwear and covering her breasts with her forearm as she rushed. Groaning from the hip pain and barely keeping a steady run. I'll have to take care of her.

I don't remember when was the last time I genuinely laughed like this.

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

After the family breakfast, my family left for Maxion. I asked Cade to stay to work on a plan before our flight tonight.

I opened the dark green panelled door of the library. Red armchairs faced each other with a white lush carpet beneath. Golden walls and white ceiling and brown tiles. Floor to ceiling window with standing lamps in the corner. Fresh earthy scent mingled in the air, coming from the open windows.

"You're going to pay for my therapy." Cade grunted as he took a bite from his bowl of spicy chips. Sitting on an armchair which barely fit his large body, spreading his legs over the table.

"Why? Poking someone's eyes out is getting boring for you?" I asked, sitting on an armchair next to him.

"At this point, I'll need to poke my ears out." Cade said, giving me a look of judgement.

Fucker. Last night may have been traumatising for him. I can't blame him though; I should have remembered he has the ability to hear from afar.

That's what they did to us.

"Couldn't handle seeing me with someone else?" I said sarcastically as I buttoned my cufflinks.

"Oh please. My standards aren't that low that I would get jealous over you." He narrowed his eyes in disgust.

"I wonder if Zaria knows her brother is flirting with me behind her back." I took the bowl of spicy chips from his hands to myself and ate some chips.

"Geez, I never thought you daydream about me that much till the point you believe I'm actually flirting with you. Can't blame you though. Many do." He smirked and pulled back his bowl.

Bullshit. But a smile tugged on my lips, not because it was true but it's actually funny.

"Keep your delusion to yourself and let's talk about the business. When's Ralph coming to Maxion?" I ask, snatching back the Bowl to me.

"In two days. He is attending a yacht party where other people will be present who are on our lists. They have girls on the yacht, they'll bring those same girls to the ritual arranged next week in a hotel owned by one of them."

"Do you have any footage of what happened yesterday?" I ask him. Ralph had recently attended a sex party. Most likely, abducting young girls and forcing them.

"Yes." Cade said and opened his laptop which was on the table.

A footage of these sick men torturing and forcing the girls played on the screen. They tortured them by cutting into their skins and abusing them. I don't have a stomach to see this but I have no other choice. It just boils my blood more. It ignites the fire to punish them in the worst way possible.

I don't understand how that Psychotic Cade smiles while seeing this. He smiles because he imagines torturing these men in a way that even death will be terrified to witness their murders. Cade doesn't feel pain, he only feels rage. And that's his most powerful weapon.

"Empty a church on Monday. I'll kill him as he begs for God to save him. And then we'll spread a rumour that Clark is the one who killed him. That way, we can invite the members of Ralph's circle to my hotel instead, to perform the rituals. For them, I'm one of them but you and the team will take out all the girls while I distract them." I explained the plan.

For the next Thirty minutes, we worked on the logistics. Clark is just a person who is getting his leg between my business. I tricked the Williams into believing Clark is after them, just like how we'll now convince the parties of Ralph into believing Clark killed Ralph. I do feel guilty for lying to my non-biological brother Cade and Zaria. I'm not a good person, never claimed to be and I'm too selfish to let Zaria go anyway.

I pull out my phone and send a text to Zaria.

"Be In Porte-cochère, In 5 minutes."