Ch. 7 || Dream

Damien 🥀

Helios:

"I can do it myself" Thora snaps.

"Leave those jewelry here and go" I order the maids.

They place the heavy Trinket box of jewelry on the dressing table and leave. Thora faces the dresser, giving me her back. I step towards her.

"Why are you still here?" Her voice is as cold as ice.

"I'm here to serve my queen." I say as I pick up a necklace from the box and move her black hair from her back with my other hand.

My fingers brush against her bare skin causing her body to tense. The goosebumps that appear on her skin are the indication that affects her.

I see her looking at me through the mirror. Her black eyes widened, red lips in a scowl and so much hate and want in those eyes.

She's the most beautiful woman I've seen.

"Why? And how long are you going to keep me here?" She questions.

I hook the necklace on her collarbone, place both my hands on her shoulders and turn her around to face me

Our faces are so close our lips almost touch each other.

Her eyebrows furrow but she holds eye contact. I don't think she realizes that she is holding her breath.

The tension can be felt by both of us.

"Till you fall in love with me" I answer her second and indirectly her first question.

"What makes you think I'll fall in love with you?" She snaps.

"Haven't you already?" I bend and whisper near her ear.

A blush makes an appearance on her cheeks while the ice melts a bit, relaxing against my touch.

And that is enough for me to know,
She's already falling for me.

I gently kiss her forehead; a promise to always keep her safe and make my way out.

Leaving her to battle against her feelings towards me in silence.

Ceiling light burn into my eyes as I jolt awake.

It takes a couple of seconds for my eyes to adjust. The table clock telling me it's 4:15 am.

I pick up the glass from the bedside table and gulp down the entire water.

My throat is still feels dry.

I stare at the bedsheet as my brain processes the dream I just had.

That woman, she felt so familiar.

The dream itself felt so familiar.

Like it wasn't a dream, it felt like a memory I was recalling.

I felt each second of it.

That man, he was no one else but a part of me.

And that beautiful woman, she felt like my salvation. A weird but apt way to describe her.

A heavy lump forms in my throat; my heart feels like it is set on fire.

I've seen that woman somewhere, but where?