Ch. 47 || Horse race

Damien🥀

*Next morning.*

"Good morning, my love. I'll be in the back lawn. Abby's room is on the third floor, first door on the left wing. Look through her closet, if she has left something behind, take whatever suits you best."

I scribe the words on a piece of paper and place it on the table beside the bed where Zaria is sleeping. I gently kiss her forehead, making sure I don't wake her up. The memory must have triggered her last night and caused her to fall unconscious. I stayed up all night and made sure she slept well and didn't have any other problems. Just kept myself busy the whole night with the work on my laptop, sitting right next to her in bed.

I start to leave my bedroom which doesn't look any less glamorous than a stoned castle of the king, which, technically, it is. My father built this mansion years ago but recently, I demolished the building for my wife and built it again, replacing the modern architecture with stones, a replica of my castle in Kallistar which existed thousands of years ago. Though, the original one was much bigger and grand than this replica.

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

"Good job, buddy." I pat Ares' back. My black stallion. We just finished a round of a self marathon. I see some bodyguards standing at the entrance of the lawn, I turn around and look at the lawn that spreads as far as my eyes could reach.

"Should have called me. You would have had a good running competitor. The offer is still valid though." Zaria's voice came from behind.

I turn my back at the view to glance at her. Sitting on the back of my other horse, Blaze. Matching in black with mine. Zaria also wore a turtle neck top in black and black leather pants. Her hair fell backwards on her back and her eyes looked breathtaking with the smokey eye makeup. A smile tugged on her red painted lips. So did mine.

"Do you want to race?" I offer, winking at her.

"I am not opposed to it." Her grin shines bright as the sun.

"Let's see who gets first to that oak tree." She points at the oak tree which is almost a mile away.

"If I win, what would be my reward?" I am curious what she would answer. My Violence seems in a really good mood and I am here to take full advantage of it.

"First of all, I'm the one who will win. I have never once lost a horse race before.” She smirks. “But if by some cheating you win, I will let you kiss me." Her confidence is commendable.

"I thought I should let you win but the situation is, it's quite hard for me to keep myself away from you." My grin mimicked hers.

"We will see about that." Straddled on blaze, she moved forward, standing in line by my side. "On the count of three."

Both of us held the lead rope tied by the halter and focused on the count. Right as she said 3, both of our horses neighed to life as we cut through the wind and the adrenaline filled in my veins at an impressive amount and the reason is not the riding itself, it's the person.

I am actually impressed by her speed, my wife really does know how to excel in everything she does. The wind is heavy against us, as she sped up, she gave me a look of smug satisfaction.

The only thing I could focus on is that, just how much she is being herself. She is being Thora. Our style of running the horses isn't like a normal person’s, both of us represent every bit of the king and the queen of history. At times like these, she unknowingly unleashes her past self without realising. She just doesn't notice it.