𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Hamin stood in front her apartment's door. Her heart was beating so fast. Her lips dried.

Mom will be behind this door.

With a shaky hand, Hamin insert the password and slowly opened the door. She stepped inside her home with shaky legs.

"Hamin-ah, you're home?"

Hamin lifted her and there she saw her mother, who she haven't been able to see for months, peeking from the kitchen. Tears yet again started to gather in her eyes. She slowly stepped forward. The steps soon turned into a sprint.

"Mom... Mom!"

She hugged her mother tightly making they stumbled backward. Hamin's mother's eyes widened, worried why her only daughter started to cry.

"Hamin-ah? Why are you suddenly crying? Did someone hurt you?"

Hamin's mother caresses her back softly. Hamin shook her head as a no to her mother's question.

"I just missed you." Hamin's voice was muffled because she was putting her face on her mother's neck.

"Aigoo, what do I do with you."

Hamin's mother laughed softly before wiping away the tears that was falling from Hamin's eyes.

"Stop crying hmm? Your pretty eyes will be swollen."

Hamin nodded sluggishly.

Hamin's mother then hold both of her daughter's hands. She suddenly felt that Hamin's palms felt weird. She immediately flipped both of her daughter's hands and saw wounds shaped like crescent moon on her palms.

"What happened to your hands?"

Hamin blinked her eyes for a few times. She completely forgot about the wounds on her hands.

"Ah it's nothing mom. I just got too angry and clenched my fist too hard." Hamin laughed awkwardly.

"You and your anger is just like your late father! Like father like daughter for real."

Hamin's mother shook her head while Hamin just keep laughing awkwardly.

"Let's clean the wounds and bandage them before they get infected."

"Mom, can you sign this?"

Hamin gave her mother the military training consent form. She knew that her mother would eventually signed it but she was still nervous. She herself doesn't know why she's suddenly so nervous.

"Of course I can sweetie. But are you sure you want to participate? I don't mind if you don't want to participate you know?"

Her mother stared at her.

"Don't worry mom. I already made my decision the moment I got the paper."

Hamin's grinned made her mother sighed before she signed the paper. She then gave the paper back to Hamin.

"Want me to help you pack your stuff?"

Hamin immediately nodded her head.

The next day.

The third year students can be seen pulling or carrying their luggages or bags. Some of the even play around with the soldiers that were standing guard at the school main gate.

Hamin entered classroom 3-2 and saw the same kids who got their forms signed.

Guess this doesn't change.

She made her way towards her seat. She put her luggage behind her chair and put her school backpack on her table. She then went to Taeman, who's busy building a tower using his chewing gums.

"Yah, Wang Taeman, did you set up a chewing gums store?"

Taeman was surprised when Hamin suddenly hugged his neck, almost make him ruined his chewing gums tower.

"Hamin! You almost ruined my chewing gums tower! And to answer your question, yup! My post-meal dessert. To freshen my palate! By the way, what happened to your hands? why are they bandaged?"

Taeman stopped building his chewing gums tower for a moment to hold Hamin's hand and caress the bandage.

"Hurt myself yesterday."

"Hmm, get well soon." He pecked Hamin's bandaged hand and then started to focus on building the tower again. He didn't realised that his ears reddened. Luckily nobody saw it.

Taeman looked at Soyoon and Junhee before offering them two of his chewing gums.

"Do you want one?"

Both Soyoon and Junhee took the chewing gums before they shouted at Taeman.

"Yah! Just brush your teeth!"

Soyoon and Junhee threw the chewing gums they took at Taeman and the chewing gums got knocked onto his tower, making them fell down.

"Aigoo!"

"So disgusting, seriously. Yah! Chae Hamin! How can you stand being so close to him and even hug him?"

Hamin, who already let go of the hug right after Taeman gave those two his chewing gums, shrugged her shoulders while smiling, "I'm used to it I guess."

Junhee looked at Taeman and Hamin before decided to ask a question she's been wanting to ask.

"Yah Hamin, Taeman, are you two dating?"

Junhee's question made the others around them also interested in Taeman and Hamin's answer.

Hamin tilted her head, "Me? Dating Taeman? No way. He's like my brother."

Hamin's words made Taeman's heart sting. He looked down on his chest, precisely his left chest where his heart located with a confused expression. His silence made Hamin looked at him worriedly.

"Tae?"

Taeman flinched before he nodded his head, "Yeah, she's also like my sister. An annoying one."

That got Taemin smacked on the back of his head by Hamin.

"We've known each other since we were kids since our parents are friends so there's no way we're dating." Hamin shook her head.

"Most of us thought you guys are dating since both of you are so close, like a couple."

Hamin hummed before she remembered something she did with Taeman long time ago. She tapped Taeman's shoulder and asked him if he still remembered that event. Taeman nodded his head while laughing.

"There was this one time when both of us were hanging out and we saw this one ice cream stall. The clerk said something about us being a cute couple and there was a discount for couples so we immediately acted like we're dating. Can't missed those discount. I almost threw up though when I called Taeman 'babe'."

Both Hamin and Taeman were laughing while slapping each other. The other kids stared at them with a dumbfounded expression.

"You guys are crazy." And so oblivious.

A few seconds later, Ms. Park entered the classroom with a soldier following her from behind.

"Everyone, go to your seat!"

The kids hurriedly went back to their seats. Hamin took one of Taeman's chewing gums before hurried to her seat. Hamin keep staring at the soldier with a small, nostalgic smile after she went back to her seat.

Platoon Leader Lee!

"Kwon Ilha. Did you sleep well?"

Ilha, who was sleeping while laying down on Youngsoo's desk immediately get down from the desk and went back to his seat.

Cha Soyeon looked at the soldier dazedly. Heerak clapped his hands in front of Soyeon's face and then he got pushed away by Soyeon.

"All right, I have someone to introduce to you all."

The soldier saluted.

"Salute."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Lieutenant Lee Chun Ho, who will be class 3-2's platoon leader."