𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Hamin opened the sliding door slowly and stepped inside the dorm. The girls looked and her and asked her where have she been since she's been outside for more than 30 minutes now.

"...I went to the toilet." Hamin then walked towards her bed and immediately lay down on it. Her back is now facing the girls and she's facing the closet that was used to pit the cleaning stuff like broom in it.

"Yah, Hamin. I heard a thud earlier. Did something happened?"

Hamin went silent for a few seconds before she said she doesn't know and pulled up her blanket up to her head. Inside the blanket, Hamin's biting her lip to stop herself from sobbing out loud and tears keep trickling down from her eyes to her pillow, causing a stain to form on it.

The next day, classroom 3-2.

"So, those loud thuds were the spheres dropping?" Asked Soyoon after she looked at the spheres on the sky before went to the kids. All the kids except for Hamin, Ilha and Chiyeol are forming a circle in the middle of the classroom.

"The guys in Class Three told me that the gym was destroyed." Said Yeonjoo while looking at the kids in front of her.

"That must have been it."

"If it destroyed a building, I bet the impact was huge." Heerak speculated.

Heerak then suddenly stood up making the kids around him startled. He was about to do it again when he got slapped by Junhee.

"That wasn't funny!"

All of the started to laugh. Hana and Soocheol mocked Heerak and Junhee while laughing.

Taeman then looked at Hamin who have been weirdly quiet since the morning. He got down from desk and went to Hamin, crouched down next to her desk.

"Hello."

Hamin who has been staring outside the window flinched when she suddenly heard Taeman's voice right next to her.

"Oh... Taeman-ah."

"What's wrong? You've been weirdly quiet since this morning? Is it the time of the month? Want some chocolates? I got some in my bag."

Hamin shook her head as a no.

"Maybe Younghoon got hurt by one of the spheres."

"What?"

"Well, the timing's right."

"Right, it is."

Hamin switched her gaze from Taeman to Youngshin and Jangsoo when she heard their whispered. A really small smile etched itself on her lips. But it was gone like a shooting star, so fast that Taeman thought he'd imagined it. Taeman looked at Hamin then looked at Youngshin and Jangsoo and keep repeating the action before he stood up and held both Hamin's shoulders and looked at her seriously.

"Do you like Jangsoo? Or is it Youngshin?"

"The hell?" Hamin narrowed her eyes at Taeman.

"No! You can't like them! You can only like me!"

Hamin laughed softly, "Okay, okay. I understand. I don't even like any of them okay." Hamin patted one of Taeman's hands a few times.

Taeman let go of her shoulders and smile proudly. He then ruffled Hamin's hair before went back to his seat. Hamin grumbled while fixing her hair.

She then saw Ilha from the corner of her eyes. She turned towards him and both of them stared at each other for a few seconds before looking away at the same time.