𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Clanking of the plates, spoons and chopsticks can be heard at the dining area. Class 3-2 kids were siting together at a long table. None of them have the appetite to eat after the news they had received.

"Fuck. I knew something was up."

Ilha suddenly spoke.

"I asked the other kids, and we're going first because we're the largest group."

"This is so annoying."

Bora slightly slammed her chopsticks on the table.

"Who made a fuss about being discharged?"

All the kids just stayed silent.

"Hah... I can't eat."

Taeman sighed. He was just staring blankly at his rice while leaning his head on Hamin's shoulder. Ever since yesterday, he has been all clingy with Hamin. Can't blame him though, he was low-key traumatised.

Soochul looked at Taeman before sighing, "Well, that's a first... You're right. Being able to eat in this situation would be bizarre."

Dukjoong who was about to eat a spoonful of rice with side dish on top of it stop halfway when he got stared at. He slowly put down his spoon.

Hamin sighed softly as she looked at Yoojung. She knew what's coming after this.

Meanwhile, in some room, there're Platoon Leader Lee and Kim Wonbin.

"A will, sir?"

Kim Wonbin asked in disbelief.

Platoon Leader Lee put down the plastic bags that contained a paper and a pen each on the table.

"But they're already scared. How would we ask them?"

Kim Wonbin looked at Platoon Leader Lee who was walking back and forth in front him. He sighed before standing up.

"I'll hand them out."

"Leave them."

Platoon Leader Lee quickly stopped Kim Wonbin from taking the bags. Kim Wonbin looked at Platoon Leader Lee.

"This will only put you in a fix."

Platoon Leader Lee just stayed silent before he walked out of the room. Kim Wonbin immediately followed him.

"Lieutenant!"

What both of them didn't know was that Yoojung was hiding, leaning against the wall, right next to the window of the room.

She heard everything.

Class 3-2's boys' tent.

All the kids were in the boys' tent. Each one of them held a bag that contained a paper and a pen each.

The silence in the tent was so depressing.

Yoojung looked at her classmates. She hesitated before she started reassuring them.

"Apparently, writing a will is only formality before an operation. Also, cut your fingernails or your hair to submit them in the bags. These are for..."

She pursed her lips, hesitant to continue her words.

"These are for your funeral when they can't find your body..."

Most of them widened their eyes in surprised.

"W-What? Are we going out to die?"

Soyoon stuttered.

"No, that's not it—"

Yoojung immediately refute but Soonyi cut her off.

"Stop scaring us."