A Lot Of Problems Can Be Solved Over Dinner

Stiles stepped into the kitchen, seeing Ally at the table doing her homework. Hope at the stove making dinner for them and the Mikaelsons who would be arriving soon.

"Hey, how's it going?" Stiles asked, giving Hope a kiss on the cheek, then he went over to Ally.

"Dad, do you have to breathe down my shoulder?" Ally growled under her breath.

Stiles's brows furrowed, glancing at Hope, he was barely even leaning down,"What's with her?" He asked his fiancée.

"You know that aisle in the drug store you like to avoid?" Hope said with a smirk, jabbing a sauce covered spoon in Ally's direction.

Eyes going wide, Stiles's face whipped toward Ally. The day had arrived. The day he had dreaded ever since he realized he would be raising a girl...Her first Shark Week.

Stiles cleared his throat, slowly approaching Ally like she was a hungry lion,"Wow, that's, uh...wow. It's a big day, huh? Big change, right? It doesn't have to be awkward talking to me about it, you know?"

"Just leave me the hell alone!" Ally shouted, grabbing her stuff and running to her room.

"Good talk," Stiles said, more or less relieved,"Is it bad how happy I am that you don't have your period?"

"I'm probably even more happy," Hope replied, lifting up a spoon,"Here, taste this."

Taking the spoon, Stiles sampled the sauce,"Could use a bit more salt."

Throwing a pinch in, Stiles stirred it for her while she emptied the noodles into a colander in the sink,"Spaghetti?"

"Figured we'd do something simple for them. Nervous?"

"A little," Stiles admitted,"But I have the comfort of knowing I can just fly away if things go sideways."

"That kind of feels like you're bragging," Hope told him.

"What gives you that idea?" Stiles asked, and Hope noticed that he seemed several inches taller and looking down she saw that his feet weren't even touching the ground.

Rolling her eyes, Hope emptied the noodles back into the pot just in time for the first doorbell ring.

"Want me to get it?" Stiles asked.

"You probably should since you're the only one that can invite them in," Hope reminded him.

"Oh, yeah, that's right," Stiles said, smiling at the idea that he didn't have to let his future in-laws in and they would have no choice but to comply.

Before he answered it though, he peeked his head into Ally's room,"Alright, little missy. Hope's family is here, so we'd both appreciate it if you're on her best behavior."

"What if they don't like me?" Ally asked,"I'm not related to them by blood."

"They'll have no choice. It's part of your charm," Stiles reassured her,"So, c'mon. I know you're grumpy for biological reasons, but can you put on a smile when you meet your relatives?"

Standing up, Ally shot Stiles a fake smile before heading outside her room going to help Hope in the kitchen.

She was nervous, so was he. Unlike Stiles, she had the adorable kid charm to protect herself while he was the guy dating Hope, the niece that they had a reputation of being overly protective of.

There was another persistent knock on the door, and Stiles headed over to it. Opening it to see that it was the people that Hope told him were Freya and Keelin.

So, Stiles offered his best charming smile and opened the door wider,"Hi, c'mon in. I'm Stiles."

"The boyfriend," Freya recalled, stepping inside, handing him a tall brown paper bag,"This is for you."